Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 login screen problem says wrong version.

16 Feb 2016   #11
ThePathOfBlood

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

here i got pic url


also addram, i wont give you the thing because after going using that file on a workstation on a virtual system, i noticed what was in that little file of yours, from windows 7 product code, to more..... that's the reason I wont...




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Feb 2016   #12
ThePathOfBlood

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Also,

Nope, i actually disabled the custom theme and even before I used custom theme it still said professional
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #13
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
Interesting but could it be because of the custom theme you're using had a login screen included ?
Sorry did you see this ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Feb 2016   #14
ThePathOfBlood

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
Interesting but could it be because of the custom theme you're using had a login screen included ?
Sorry did you see this ?

yeah As I said, It even did this before I used the theme, and I have no idea why, As you can see my operating system detects 7 ultimate,


In system information, Command console, AMD catalyst, steam dxdiag, you name it, everything detects windows 7 ultimate.


The only thing that doesn't show it is the login screen! witch is very odd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #15
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Something weird ? It`s a diagnostic report from Microsoft that generates a report that tells us if your Windows is Genuine and activated properly, why are you afraid to run it and post the results for Noel to look over ?

We have no idea why your windows 7 logon screen says Professional, you should call Asus.

Or reinstall Ultimate and get rid of that oem garbage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #16
ThePathOfBlood

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Something weird ? It`s a diagnostic report from Microsoft that generates a report that tells us if your Windows is Genuine and activated properly, why are you afraid to run it and post the results for Noel to look over ?

Why are you arrogant that you want me to post a windows 7 product key here? hmmm, not that stupid... to post a key here, and other stuff... sure, if this was a microsoft website I would... but I'm not american nor from a 2nd-3rd world country I can read 100% correctly.



Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.





p.s


before calling someone afraid, you should think before you talk it's not made by microsoft one bit, it's a simple run command application that gives all systems information and more.... there's loads floating around on google... sir I'm not that much of an idiot.... Although I don't know more than 80% about computers, and only study "game and creation " at plymouth city college united kingdom, doen't mean i'm as dumb as a 10 year old on an xbox or a console who's new to PC's.


I suggest you stop trying to look for my product key and quit it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #17
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
I agree this is pretty freaking bazaar
The mag report is pretty innocent and will give more info on the version
If you got it from M$ it should be a retail disk.... :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #18
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThePathOfBlood View Post
Problem you may ask?? Well the login screen says I have Windows 7 professional.....
Could it be a custom background image?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #19
ThePathOfBlood

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
I agree this is pretty freaking bazaar
The mag report is pretty innocent and will give more info on the version
If you got it from M$ it should be a retail disk.... :/


Yes Sir, I do have a retail disk OEM with the cardboard evenlope and stuff, with the product key, and the label and stuff that you can stick on your PC,


Would reinstalling windows 7 fix is? I have no problem doing that as all my main programs and stuff are ON my HD drive, I only use my SSD for my Operating system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2016   #20
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThePathOfBlood View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Something weird ? It`s a diagnostic report from Microsoft that generates a report that tells us if your Windows is Genuine and activated properly, why are you afraid to run it and post the results for Noel to look over ?

Why are you arrogant that you want me to post a windows 7 product key here? hmmm, not that stupid... to post a key here, and other stuff... sure, if this was a microsoft website I would... but I'm not american nor from a 2nd-3rd world country I can read 100% correctly.



Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.





p.s


before calling someone afraid, you should think before you talk it's not made by microsoft one bit, it's a simple run command application that gives all systems information and more.... there's loads floating around on google... sir I'm not that much of an idiot.... Although I don't know more than 80% about computers, and only study "game and creation " at plymouth city college united kingdom, doen't mean i'm as dumb as a 10 year old on an xbox or a console who's new to PC's.


I suggest you stop trying to look for my product key and quit it.
I guess that you don't know that the report does not contain the product key.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 login screen problem says wrong version.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't login to Windows 7. Sends me back to login screen every time.
This has never happened before. When I turn on the computer, the two accounts show up (both administrator) but whenever I click either of them, the screen just shows the Windows 7 login screen for a while without any text then sends me back to the account selection. This happens when I select...
General Discussion
ProduKey Windows Key, Wrong Version of Windows?
Hello, I just used ProduKey to get a Windows 7 Home Premium Key off of a hard drive with a corrupt OS. However, when I try to activate Windows with this key, it tells me that it is a key for the wrong version of Windows. I installed W7 Home Premium, 64x, and updated to SP1. The ProduKey key says...
Software
when I try to reinstall and repair windows, wrong version error
Win 7 Home Premium will not finish booting. The splash screen just starts showing a little color, when it goes to choice of system repair or start windows normally. If normally is chosen the same choices repeat. If repair system, no solution is found. Next is an option of 7 choices to manually...
Installation & Setup
Wrong version recoverymgr.exe while resetting windows 7
Hi I tried to reinstall my windows 7 with the build-in recovery manager (HP). Everything went well, I did'nt take a back up of my files (with the recovery manager) and i don't need them. The manager fragmented my C and prepared my laptop for the recovery. Then disaster strikes. After...
BSOD Help and Support
Wrong Windows Version Installed - Help
Hey everyone! I'm the guy who dropped his laptop like a week ago and I posted for help here in another section. The problem was a damaged hard disk.. So I bought a new one, they replaced it for me and reinstalled windows. HOWEVER, they installed me the WRONG version of windows.. I have a sony vaio...
Installation & Setup
Got the wrong version installed. Need to install correct version
So I bought what I thought what the full version of Windows 7 Pro online for the student discount for $65. I got it all installed and the activation key wouldn't work. Long story short I got the upgrade version on accident. So I got that refunded and I'm about to just go buy Home Premium. I need...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App