Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: System wont start windows!!

24 Feb 2016   #1
Internet Badass

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
System wont start windows!!

Hi all.

My computer doesnt want to start windows at all! It prompts me with the screen i attached in first image. The first selection doesnt do anything except make the screen go black for 1 second then back to this screen. The 2nd option goes to the windows 7 startup screen, but it crashes and goes back to bios screen before the 4 windows colors even appear! I have been having some other problems with crashing lately, so in a way am not surprised, but what can i do to get my comp working again? Clean install?

Thank you




Attached Thumbnails
System wont start windows!!-image.jpeg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Feb 2016   #2
Internet Badass

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

It doesnt get past this exact moment on this screen when i choose to start normally


Attached Thumbnails
System wont start windows!!-image.jpeg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2016   #3
Lance1

Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
 
 

I suggest that you start with a Startup Repair If that fails then go to a Repair Install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Feb 2016   #4
Internet Badass

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

So i made a startup repair disk, and i booted from it but nothing happened and it just booted from windows anyway and didnt work just as it is doing. Try another disk or is this the startup repair not working?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2016   #5
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Internet Badass View Post
So i made a startup repair disk, and i booted from it but nothing happened and it just booted from windows anyway and didnt work just as it is doing. Try another disk or is this the startup repair not working?
Standalone boot CD? USB?

If the machine ignored your standalone boot media and just continued trying to boot from the hard drive, I'd double-check in the BIOS that you have your USB or CD devices in front of your hard drive in the startup boot device sequence list. If not, rearrange things so that USB and CD are examined first, only falling through to hard drive third if neither of the other bootable media is present.

Bootable USB would normally just go there immediately. Bootable CD usually presents "press any key to boot from CD" and after a few seconds if you don't press some keyboard key the BIOS will just go to the next device in the boot list, i.e. ignoring the bootable CD.

So the fact that you see none of this expected behavior suggests to me your BIOS startup boot device list doesn't have the alternate optional boot devices up high, in front of the hard drive where they really should be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2016   #6
Lance1

Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Internet Badass View Post
So i made a startup repair disk, and i booted from it but nothing happened and it just booted from windows anyway and didnt work just as it is doing. Try another disk or is this the startup repair not working?
Standalone boot CD? USB?

If the machine ignored your standalone boot media and just continued trying to boot from the hard drive, I'd double-check in the BIOS that you have your USB or CD devices in front of your hard drive in the startup boot device sequence list. If not, rearrange things so that USB and CD are examined first, only falling through to hard drive third if neither of the other bootable media is present.

Bootable USB would normally just go there immediately. Bootable CD usually presents "press any key to boot from CD" and after a few seconds if you don't press some keyboard key the BIOS will just go to the next device in the boot list, i.e. ignoring the bootable CD.

So the fact that you see none of this expected behavior suggests to me your BIOS startup boot device list doesn't have the alternate optional boot devices up high, in front of the hard drive where they really should be.
Thanks dsperber! I would have posted but.. I don't think anyone could have said it better.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2016   #7
Internet Badass

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Why cant i boot from cd? The cd is first in boot device priority, but it doesnt prompt me to press any key to boot from it.


Attached Thumbnails
System wont start windows!!-image.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2016   #8
profdlp

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

What about the part on the right stating "A device enclosed in parentheses has been disabled...?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2016   #9
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
What about the part on the right stating "A device enclosed in parentheses has been disabled...?
That could be from the fact that the fourth item in the list shows "DISABLED". All four entries seem to be enclosed in parentheses, so this whole statement over in the comment section is somewhat ambiguous and perplexing. Don't know what it is really trying to say, good or bad.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Internet Badass View Post
Why cant i boot from cd? The cd is first in boot device priority, but it doesnt prompt me to press any key to boot from it.
Given what your screenshot shows is now your boot sequence, the usual explanation is that whatever CD you're inserting is simply "not bootable".

Are you sure the CD itself is bootable? Can you at least start the boot process from it in some other machine, if you have one to experiment with?

Do you have a known Windows Installation media disc you can try to boot from? You don't have to go through the whole process, you just want to see if it boots from the disc and loads the bootstrap software and begins whatever it's supposed to begin. Maybe an old Windows XP installer, or a known standalone "rescue media" (say from Partition Wizard, or Macrium Reflect) which you absolutely know IS a bootable CD/DVD and can be demonstrated to be bootable in some other PC.


NOTE: I don't see a USB HDD or similar device in that list. Surely your PC has USB ports, and I would have expected to see a USB item in the boot device list, most commonly in front of the CD/DVD device. Did you remove it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 System wont start windows!!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
system repair wont work windows wont load
not sure if im in the right place but computer wont do anything but load up with options to do system repair or whatever its called but it says it cant fix the problem i dont have disc for it or any pw's im on a reg user account it wont load in safe mode but by doing different things i have access...
Hardware & Devices
System wont start
When I start the laptop it goes e-system, then loading windows files when completed it goes windows with a loading bar moving across mouse appears then it goes to blue screen and says "STOP: c000021a {fatal system error) The NT Initial command process system process terminated unexpectedly with...
General Discussion
windows 7 wont boot, wont go to safe mode or start on windows 7 disk
hi, window will not boot goes to blue screen that says process 1 initizaltion failed and starts dumping, then reboots to reapir, wont repair, tried booting to reapir disc and used bitdefender rescue which showed no virus, then tried booting to my winodws 7 upgrade disc, it says loading files then...
BSOD Help and Support
System wont start after connecting IDE dvd drive
Hi all, I am totally stuck on trying to find a solution to my proplem. I bought a used hp tower with twin xeon dual core processors a few months ago. It was a great machime but only has dvd rom. I wanted to burn a disc but couldnt, so I tool my old ISE Dvd drive out of my old computer,...
Hardware & Devices
64bit laptop crashed and wont start on safe mode,system repair failed
please help i just crashed som1 64 bit lennovo laptop while i opperate a 32 bit pc dont have any windows system with me,it wont start on safe mode,and system repair has failed many times.the laptop was running on low battry and it shut itself,when i tryed to reboot it,it automaticly went to system...
General Discussion
Computer died during Full System Restore, wont start.
Hello~ During a full system restore of my computer i didn't realize it was not charging and left it to finish the restore. Shortly coming back later, it had died so i rebooted it. During the reboot, it did its normal process well restoring, " Setup is starting services.", but then during the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App