Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

18 Jun 2016   #1
Majd900

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello Sevenforums

Notebook: HP ProBook 4730s

OS: Windows 7 (x64 bit)

Did not buy from hp, bought from a guy.

Yesterday, my explorer got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button, i turned it on, and then, Startup repair appeared, i left it to complete and then i went to sleep.

The next day i woke up, i opened my laptop, and then "Windows is loading files" appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever.

I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work

Such as:

-Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for 40 seconds.

-Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery (I cannot access safe mode using F8)

I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff.

If anyone can help, i would be grateful because ill probably pay $200 and up.

Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed, i installed the antivirus about 1 week ago, and i never restarted the pc until then, only putting it into sleep mode. But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting, and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff
I dont know im really in need of help!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Jun 2016   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2016   #3
Majd900

Windows 7 x64
 
 

UPDATE:
I just found out that i have the recovery disk, so when i put it in, the menu dosen't show up (System Recovery and Startup repair, etc...) But when i put the disk in, i can now access Advanced Boot Options including the safe mode and all the other things.
So now that i can access the safe mode, is there any way that i can have any access to my laptop?
And i just removed the HDD and put it back again, no effect.
So i think that my HDD is probably corrupt and HDD tests all failed. So yeah :/
But i don't really want to buy a new hard drive because it will probably cost alot.
Im still not sure what the problem is; but it's probably the HDD as im predicting.
I can access safe mode, but i have to put in the repair disc so i can access the advanced boot options.
Althought when i go ahead and press on the safe mode option; it just shows me a black screen and that's it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jun 2016   #4
Majd900

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .
UPDATE:
I just found out that i have the recovery disk, so when i put it in, the menu dosen't show up (System Recovery and Startup repair, etc...) But when i put the disk in, i can now access Advanced Boot Options including the safe mode and all the other things.
So now that i can access the safe mode, is there any way that i can have any access to my laptop?
And i just removed the HDD and put it back again, no effect.
So i think that my HDD is probably corrupt and HDD tests all failed. So yeah :/
But i don't really want to buy a new hard drive because it will probably cost alot.
Im still not sure what the problem is; but it's probably the HDD as im predicting.
I can access safe mode, but i have to put in the repair disc so i can access the advanced boot options.
Althought when i go ahead and press on the safe mode option; it just shows me a black screen and that's it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2016   #5
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Okmate at least you have safe mode which means the basic operating system files are being loaded. Now while in safe mode run these
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

The first SFC is best run for three runs at least that is what some of us do to make sure nothing is missed the second the CHKDSK run it with the / f swich first.

When those scans are finished it will let you know if there are problems but the reports do not stay on the screen long just long enough for it to say for example there were corrupt files found and fixed or not but it then gives us something to work on

Restart the computer and see if anything has changed. Now hard drives especially the spinner are not expensive really but the problem is the machine came with Windows pre installed and the repair disk will not clean install Windows, you would need to buy an OEM copy of indows to do that or thee is another way to do that depending if you know the activation code on the sticker on the bottom of the machine.
The other option is like I said that that drive came with a preinstalled system then the factory will have made a partition on that drive that will clean install Windows back to what it was like new and so see if you can do what I have put below.

If you can do this too
Start > Computer > right click it > click Manage - it will give a small window and in that window there will be under Storage > Disk Management - click it and it will give you a pic of the disks and devices and if you can send back a pic of that screen. I have attached a pic of mine so you know what you are looking for.


Attached Thumbnails
Stuck at black screen after &quot;Windows is loading files&quot;-comp.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2016   #6
Majd900

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Okmate at least you have safe mode which means the basic operating system files are being loaded. Now while in safe mode run these
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

The first SFC is best run for three runs at least that is what some of us do to make sure nothing is missed the second the CHKDSK run it with the / f swich first.

When those scans are finished it will let you know if there are problems but the reports do not stay on the screen long just long enough for it to say for example there were corrupt files found and fixed or not but it then gives us something to work on

Restart the computer and see if anything has changed. Now hard drives especially the spinner are not expensive really but the problem is the machine came with Windows pre installed and the repair disk will not clean install Windows, you would need to buy an OEM copy of indows to do that or thee is another way to do that depending if you know the activation code on the sticker on the bottom of the machine.
The other option is like I said that that drive came with a preinstalled system then the factory will have made a partition on that drive that will clean install Windows back to what it was like new and so see if you can do what I have put below.

If you can do this too
Start > Computer > right click it > click Manage - it will give a small window and in that window there will be under Storage > Disk Management - click it and it will give you a pic of the disks and devices and if you can send back a pic of that screen. I have attached a pic of mine so you know what you are looking for.
No haha; i said i can access the safe mode when the repair disc is in; i dont know its really weird, when "Press any key to boot from CD" i press F8 and then it directs me to advanced boot options, i press on safe mode but then, a black screen appears.
It's literally a black screen i waited for about an hour and its stilll a black screen.
So if theres any solution why is this happening with the safe mode please lmk
Because i really need to access the safe mode to make a progress.
Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2016   #7
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Ok well as a start I would be running this RAM - Test with Memtest86+ as it seem as if it wants to boot but cannot load the RAM.

But I could be wrong but at least this will eliminate that cause - just remember to run for at least 8 passes any less and you may as well not bother and it is the only test we recommend here. If the errors come up straight away then you can stop the test. However if it still runs in a black screen when you boot from that memtest disk we shall have to look elsewhere.


Attached Thumbnails
Stuck at black screen after &quot;Windows is loading files&quot;-mem.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2016   #8
Majd900

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Ok well as a start I would be running this RAM - Test with Memtest86+ as it seem as if it wants to boot but cannot load the RAM.

But I could be wrong but at least this will eliminate that cause - just remember to run for at least 8 passes any less and you may as well not bother and it is the only test we recommend here. If the errors come up straight away then you can stop the test. However if it still runs in a black screen when you boot from that memtest disk we shall have to look elsewhere.
I have Hirens boot CD it includes the mem test and it got the mini xp feature so idk if that will help
But i didnt get why you want me to run the memtest althought i pretty think it's an HDD Issue
I still dont know the problem specifically, but maybe :/
Reply as fast as possible because i really need this laptop as im like a computer addict haha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2016   #9
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

You came here for help. Someone tells you what to do and you don't do it and say that it is a HDD issue. == If you want help, follow the instructions, if not well...............
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2016   #10
Majd900

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
You came here for help. Someone tells you what to do and you don't do it and say that it is a HDD issue. == If you want help, follow the instructions, if not well...............
I did, i try every thing that people suggests me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..."
Hi all! Wanted to do a nice clean installation on a HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower. Using known good Windows 7 volume USB which I have used a dozen+ times with no issues. I get stuck at "Windows is loading files..." as I don't think that screen is ever supposed to be there over an...
Installation & Setup
"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"
hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart it's infinite :cry: i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time...
General Discussion
Stuck at "windows is loading files" when doing a system recovery
I'm using laptop lenovo T430U, when doing system recovery process until half ways my laptop no battery then shut down. After that Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your...
Installation & Setup
Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"
I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new...
Hardware & Devices
Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen
I was having trouble starting my computer like many other people it seems - it would hang just after the "starting windows" screen appeared. I had a completely black/blank screen, no mouse pointer , nothing. The only way to overcome the issue was by powering down and restarting windows which...
BSOD Help and Support
Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-(
Hello all.. :-) Trying to install windows 7 on a different partition to multi-boot with windows xp sp3. Downloaded the "7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULFRER_EN_DVD.iso" file and burned a DVD. Booted from the disc and all went well with the "press any key to boot...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App