Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Stuck on Shutting Down Screen

29 Jun 2016   #1
d4rkm4n

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Windows 7 Stuck on Shutting Down Screen

Hi guys.

So when I shutdown my windows 7, its always stuck on shutting down screen. What might causing this and how to fix this problem?

I tried:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS6aBQ-mpTE

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Jun 2016   #2
d4rkm4n

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Anyone can assist me on this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2016   #3
Ranger4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
 
 

When it enters the Shut Down mode, do you see a black screen that has 2 buttons on it, one saying "Force shut down" & the other saying "Cancel". If this is the case select the "Cancel" button & when the desktop resumes, Right Click on the Task bar & select Start Task Manager, click on the Applications tab & see what is still open. You can also click on the other tabs that might give you a clue as to what is holding back Shut Down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jul 2016   #4
d4rkm4n

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ranger4 View Post
When it enters the Shut Down mode, do you see a black screen that has 2 buttons on it, one saying "Force shut down" & the other saying "Cancel". If this is the case select the "Cancel" button & when the desktop resumes, Right Click on the Task bar & select Start Task Manager, click on the Applications tab & see what is still open. You can also click on the other tabs that might give you a clue as to what is holding back Shut Down.
I dont get any black screen, just direct to this but its stuck there like forever.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2016   #5
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

When you get the Shutting Down screen as above, have you tried hitting "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" at the same time? Then follow Ranger4 instructions above. That will give you a clue hopefully. Let us know what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2016   #6
d4rkm4n

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
When you get the Shutting Down screen as above, have you tried hitting "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" at the same time? Then follow Ranger4 instructions above. That will give you a clue hopefully. Let us know what happens.
Thanks.

I tried "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" and "Ctrl, Shift, Esc", both doesnt work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2016   #7
Ranger4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by d4rkm4n View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
When you get the Shutting Down screen as above, have you tried hitting "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" at the same time? Then follow Ranger4 instructions above. That will give you a clue hopefully. Let us know what happens.
Thanks.

I tried "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" and "Ctrl, Shift, Esc", both doesnt work.
When you decide to shut down, make sure all open programs etc. are closed & then Right Click on the Task Bar, as I mentioned in Post #3 & see if any programs are still running. If so you will now know which one or ones that have not closed & you can then find out why.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2016   #8
d4rkm4n

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ranger4 View Post
When you decide to shut down, make sure all open programs etc. are closed & then Right Click on the Task Bar, as I mentioned in Post #3 & see if any programs are still running. If so you will now know which one or ones that have not closed & you can then find out why.
I checked right before I shutdown. There is nothing on task manager.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2016   #9
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Try this now. Do the same thing you just did except click on the Performance Tab. If everything is closed, there should be very little CPU usage.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 Stuck on Shutting Down Screen-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2016   #10
d4rkm4n

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Startup:


Before shutting down:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Stuck on Shutting Down Screen




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys
After a power outage 3 weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around 5 minutes and then less and less time after that. I was told it was a display issue and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers. I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same. I felt like it was...
General Discussion
Stuck on Shutting Down Screen, Cannot Boot Up Proprely
Here's the thing, my brother's laptop went extremely slow and stuck on the shutting down screen. So I went into Safe Mode and run MBAM. It removes the malwares(around 40+). Then I restart normally, and did a clean up using CCleaner. This greatly improves the speed. But when I tried to defrag and...
General Discussion
Stuck on Shutting Down
Hi guys been a while since I have been on here my problem is when I shutdown my desktop PC the screen gets stuck on shutting down screen, this doesn't happen all the time but wouldn't mind what you thought the problem is. Haven't installed anything new for a while just updated drivers for hardware...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 - Stuck on "Shutting down screen" - Nvidia 110.70 beta drive
Hello, Sorry for making a new thread, but it seems this subject needs one as it differs from others. So basicly when I ever try to shut down my computer it just gets stuck on the shutting down screen. I search through older threads and such and found a way to see if there is any errors at Even...
Graphic Cards
PC Stuck on Shutting Down Screen
Hello, I am having a issue with my shut down.... when try to shut down my pc it gets endlessly stuck on the "Shutting Down" screen I have left it for over 12 hours with no change. Thanks in Advance. Stone
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App