Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Messed up boot up harddisk. Need help to repair.

16 Jul 2016   #1
JoshuaAvalon

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 
Messed up boot up harddisk. Need help to repair.

I was trying to clone my win 7 to another SSD and I messed somthing up.
Let say, I have two SSD A (Original) and SSD B (New)
Current
SSD A: System Reserved + F:
SSD B: Deleted partition + C:

I was try to undo the clone. However, Boot up on SSD A is pointing to SSD B. How can I reverse it back to SSD A? (F: and C: are the same)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jul 2016   #2
Ranger4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
 
 

Hi JoshuaAvalon, welcome to the Forum.

If you disconnect SSD B, will the computer boot up?. If it does can you make a screen shot of your SSD A. To that follow this tutorials on supplying a screen shot.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also what size are both of the SSDs?.

What program did you use for the clone?.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #3
JoshuaAvalon

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

> If you disconnect SSD B, will the computer boot up? It boot up to login screen. But when I login in it will show "Preparing Your Desktop" and load forever.

>Also what size are both of the SSDs
Same size

>What program did you use for the clone?
Clonezilla

This is the current screen shot.
Messed up boot up harddisk. Need help to repair.-asd.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jul 2016   #4
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Your problem is that the System Reserved should be on the Disk that has C: with your Active. If you make that change you should be OK. Do you have a Win 7 Disk? If so then follow the Tutorial Startup Repair == Before you do that, there is one important thing that must be done. The reason your PC is messed up is because you had more than one Disk plugged in when installing Windows. After you boot your PC and before you begin Startup Repair, open your PC and unplug all Disks except for the one with C:. Run the Startup Repair, boot your PC with only C: plugged in and let us know if it booted. == Just as info, doing an Image is more reliable than a Clone. Macrium Reflect is the best software and it is free. Macrium Reflect Free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #5
JoshuaAvalon

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

No, it does not work.

For further investigation, I try to boot up from C:. I found that it is fine.
I assume that is because Window ( F: ) thinks it is boot up from C: (which is not)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #6
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaAvalon View Post
No, it does not work.

For further investigation, I try to boot up from C:. I found that it is fine.
I assume that is because Window ( F: ) thinks it is boot up from C: (which is not)
What does not work, booting? Then you say that C: is fine. You have me confused. == If System Reserved is not on the Disk with C:, it is NOT FINE. == Did you run Startup Repair?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #7
JoshuaAvalon

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Before I faced this problem, I used it to fix bootmgr. When I try to open it again, it said not compatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #8
JoshuaAvalon

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

No, from my msconfig, it said current OS is from F:\Windows. Also, if I try to boot from C:\, it has a text on the bottom right saying my window is not valid. Therefore, I want to fix the F:\Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #9
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaAvalon View Post
No, from my msconfig, it said current OS is from F:\Windows. Also, if I try to boot from C:\, it has a text on the bottom right saying my window is not valid. Therefore, I want to fix the F:\Windows
I have asked different questions. You have not answered them. You only tell me stuff you have done. I can't help. You want to make Windows boot from F:. Can't do it. If you want help, you need to follow us and answer our questions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #10
JoshuaAvalon

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I have asked in two different messages questions. You have not answered them. You only tell me stuff you have done. I can't help.
I have answered it above.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaAvalon View Post
Before I faced this problem, I used it to fix bootmgr. When I try to open it again, it said not compatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Messed up boot up harddisk. Need help to repair.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop can't boot, 0xc00000e9 error, System Repair says bad harddisk.
Hello! I turned my laptop on this morning and all of a sudden my laptop won't start properly. I tried the two menus when you boot, the 'Launch System Repair (recommended)' and the 'Start Windows Normally'. Both menus won't work, as they both just freezes for a few seconds, then goes on to try...
Hardware & Devices
W7 ultimate x64 permissions messed up after repair install.
Hi, I have win7 ultimate x64 with 3 HDD partitions, Windows is installed at C:, important programs are kept in C: and other 3rd party programs are installed at D:. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, so I did a backup of C: and D: drives. I did not like Windows 8 because it started to mess...
General Discussion
Window 7 harddisk preventing start up need help to repair!!!!
i was updating it while i accidently hit the power source button in the back which i thought no problem rebooting but it suddenly prevent it from starting up so i ran the startup repair and it told me to either contact your system admin or compter manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or...
Hardware & Devices
Dual boot: xp won't recognize 2nd harddisk.
Hi, I setup my pc with 2 harddisk. I dual boot xp 32-bit and windows 7 64-bit on 1 harddisk and other harddisk is for my data storage for xp and 7. The problem is that windows 7 recognize the 2 harddisk and I can access the data but xp won't. Xp can see the harddisk on 'my computer' but it was...
Installation & Setup
USB Harddisk with multiple boot options
i want to use my 400gb usb hd as suitcase for all matters. how do i set up multiple partitions to boot from? so that i have on bios boot menu a list of available drives with options like install 7 32bit, 7 64bit, repair cd, partition tool, umbuntu, etc?
Installation & Setup
fix boot error when extra harddisk connected
Help. Background. System Gigabyte X48T, 4G ram, usual bits. Video Sata Port 0&1 - Gigaraid 2x 750G Raid 0 - Scsii disk Boot. Sata ports 2&3, 4&5, 6, - 5x 500G 2TB dynamic GPT Raid 5 Sata Port 7 -1x 750G Roms & software disk. Rocket Raid Scsii 0_1, 5x1TB in raid 5. Scsii 0_0,...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App