Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Weird windows 7 Issue

4 Days Ago   #11
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
Looking at other benchmarks you're below Wenda's dual core laptop :/
What's your Passmark Performance Test Score


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
4 Days Ago   #12
Chea

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
Looking at other benchmarks you're below Wenda's dual core laptop :/
What's your Passmark Performance Test Score
That means my laptop is "trash"? I mean it was good for browsing and watching videos but when it comes to gaming, it was always laggy... (it is also almost 5 years old)

My internet connection is good.

I think I found the issue with the game. I have to disable vsync but the catalyst control center can't force it "off" when aero is enabled so it will always lag in small screen with aero. Anyway, im gonna upgrade soon so I won't have problems like this with windows 10 hopefully. Thanks for the help TrashZone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #13
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
I know Intel/ NVidia stuff is expensive but performance wise you can't beat it over amd/ radeon stuff except for the newest line seems pretty good but all are power hungry.

I don't believe amd has ever really liked aero.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

3 Days Ago   #14
Chea

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
I know Intel/ NVidia stuff is expensive but performance wise you can't beat it over amd/ radeon stuff except for the newest line seems pretty good but all are power hungry.

I don't believe amd has ever really liked aero.
Yeah I won't buy anything from AMD again, they always disappoint. Nothing beats nvidia.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #15
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
Intel is the important one to me personally
The newest line of radeon is pretty good but I have no idea about it's aero compatibility with it
AMD is just cheaper is pretty much why people go that way "budget" overrules always
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #16
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Laptops are not meant for gaming, and if turning off aero helps with gameplay, then by all means turn it off, I still turn it off and look at my specs.

And are you using a hard drive or a solid state drive ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #17
Chea

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Laptops are not meant for gaming, and if turning off aero helps with gameplay, then by all means turn it off, I still turn it off and look at my specs.

And are you using a hard drive or a solid state drive ?
I use the samsung ssd 850 pro 1tb
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #18
Eric3742

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Hi Chea

Unable to reply to you.

You can continue to others' suggestion.

What sort of Gaming are you playing.

For Online games, the speed of the internet is important, hence ThrashZone link to the speedtest.

If the internet speed is not reliable and stable, this will affect your gaming experience.

As my ISP, many users, of gaming, complain that the connection is lagging, to the point of unable to connect.
My side is talking about fiber internet of up to 1Gbps.
As most gamer are using 1Gbps plan, and the connection are at time intermittent lost.

Do bear in mind that it is better to upgrade the RAM as this is what most gamer do.


As i am not in gaming, so others will follow-up with you.


Eric.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #19
Chea

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eric3742 View Post
Hi Chea

Unable to reply to you.

You can continue to others' suggestion.

What sort of Gaming are you playing.

For Online games, the speed of the internet is important, hence ThrashZone link to the speedtest.

If the internet speed is not reliable and stable, this will affect your gaming experience.

As my ISP, many users, of gaming, complain that the connection is lagging, to the point of unable to connect.
My side is talking about fiber internet of up to 1Gbps.
As most gamer are using 1Gbps plan, and the connection are at time intermittent lost.

Do bear in mind that it is better to upgrade the RAM as this is what most gamer do.


As i am not in gaming, so others will follow-up with you.


Eric.
My internet is good, I almost never lag because of my internet. My ram is upgraded from 4 to 8gb
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #20
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
You didn't post the internet speed test unless I missed it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Weird windows 7 Issue




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Weird issue with Windows 7 & Boot Up?
Hi all, Having some issues with my machine which I suspect may relate to a motherboard issue. At first I thought that my graphics card had failed as its getting on a bit now, although its been a total workhorse (nVidia GeForce 8800GTX). My computer would start but no signal to monitor. So...
Hardware & Devices
Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing
At our office, we have a Windows 2003 File server (one of them), and Windows 7 workstations. The workstations can use Explorer fine to view all the folders on the share. But for whatever reason when you go to a command prompt and do a DIR on that share, it is missing about 60% of the folders. ...
Network & Sharing
Weird Windows 7 Registry Issue - HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
I am using Windows 7 Home edition (x64 bits) and have noticed that there are no permissions set for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. The following message is displayed. No permissions have been assigned for this object. Warning: this is a potential security risk because anyone who can access this...
General Discussion
Weird issue?
Hey guys, I just recently reformatted my computer. For some reason the load ups performance of it is ridiculously slow. And I mean SERIOUSLY slow. My specs are: i7 910 processor 6 gb ddr3 ram 2 500 7400 rpm hard drives. gtx 460 graphic card
Performance & Maintenance
Weird Firefox issue: New Windows for No Reason
I can't figure out if this is Windows 7 or Firefox 3.5 I don't notice it happening on my XP installation but it could just be coincidence. Sometimes I'll be moving my mouse around kind of fast and click something and all the sudden my tab will disappear and open up in a new window. I can't...
Browsers & Mail
Weird Issue
Not sure if this is right place to post this however all my icon associations for Microsoft Office have suddenly reverted to a generic icon (see pic) They still load in their various programs i.e. word, excel etc but it is really annoying that the icons are not what they should be. This appeared to...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App