Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Returned To Vista


27 Nov 2009   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on both PCs
 
 
Returned To Vista

I installed Windows 7 without any problems but I just don't like it, and without a proper e.mail client it is useless for my purposes. I spent ages trying to configure Windows Live Mail and still couldn't receive any e.mail so I gave up and reinstalled Vista.

I just don't see what is so wonderful about Windows 7 that everyone is raving about. Unfortunately, I have on back order a copy of Win 7 Pro 64bit that I was going to install on my laptop. I also have the upgrade disc from Dell that is now redundant. It's only money.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Nov 2009   #2

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
I installed Windows 7 without any problems but I just don't like it, and without a proper e.mail client it is useless for my purposes.
The fact it shipped without an eMail client wasn't kept under wraps...

You would also have found a detailed thread on these forums about how to install the Windows Mail Vista client into Windows7 without too much user difficulty if you'd been prepared to persevere...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #3

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Windows 7 is by far the best consumer OS ever available to the world. To me, there is no comparison and has never been.

As for an e-mail client, there are a million of them. Google for em.

Here's a free one : http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Nov 2009   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on both PCs
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Windows 7 is by far the best consumer OS ever available to the world. To me, there is no comparison and has never been.
Each to his own. It does nothing for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on both PCs
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
I installed Windows 7 without any problems but I just don't like it, and without a proper e.mail client it is useless for my purposes.
The fact it shipped without an eMail client wasn't kept under wraps...

...
I was fully aware of that. Unfortunately, I didn't expect Live Mail to be worse than useless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #6

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Windows 7 is by far the best consumer OS ever available to the world. To me, there is no comparison and has never been.
Each to his own. It does nothing for me.
It's not an opinion. It's a benchmarked and scientific fact.

You're lost for an e-mail client. Based on that, you have a lot to learn about computers and would be well off listening to advice from experienced users.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on both PCs
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Windows 7 is by far the best consumer OS ever available to the world. To me, there is no comparison and has never been.
Each to his own. It does nothing for me.
It's not an opinion. It's a benchmarked and scientific fact.

You're lost for an e-mail client. Based on that, you have a lot to learn about computers and would be well off listening to advice from experienced users.
Since when does an opinion become a scientific fact? You have a lot to learn.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post

Each to his own. It does nothing for me.
It's not an opinion. It's a benchmarked and scientific fact.

You're lost for an e-mail client. Based on that, you have a lot to learn about computers and would be well off listening to advice from experienced users.
Since when does an opinion become a scientific fact? You have a lot to learn.
Ignore him, it's your decision to do whatever you like...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
I installed Windows 7 without any problems but I just don't like it, and without a proper e.mail client it is useless for my purposes. I spent ages trying to configure Windows Live Mail and still couldn't receive any e.mail so I gave up and reinstalled Vista.

I just don't see what is so wonderful about Windows 7 that everyone is raving about. Unfortunately, I have on back order a copy of Win 7 Pro 64bit that I was going to install on my laptop. I also have the upgrade disc from Dell that is now redundant. It's only money.
YOU DID WHAT??!?!?!?!? I agree with the previous two posters. Windows Vista's mail client is EASY to install on 7 (See this:Windows Mail) and it's one tiny lil' thing (It may be very important to you but as it's just one problem that can be easily solved, I view it as NO reason at all to uninstall one of if not the best OS's that Microsoft has made since XP)

Thanks,
ZeshanA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #10

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
Since when does an opinion become a scientific fact? You have a lot to learn.
Yes. When we stop learning, we cease to think for ourselves.

I'm quite accomplished with Windows, thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Returned To Vista




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Returned To Vista
Thread Forum
Solved Random crashes have returned BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Has Returned BSOD Help and Support
got a returned PC? General Discussion
Errors Returned BSOD Help and Support
BSOD has returned BSOD Help and Support
A referral was returned from the server General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33