Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: clock problem

11 Dec 2009   #1
rpared01

Win 7 Pro
 
 
clock problem

my clock keep jumping 5 minutes ahead, i thought i solve it before by running a time sync command i found MS tech forums. but it looks like its back again. i'm running win 7 Enterprise and i have all my updates installed. any help would be great guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Dec 2009   #2
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rpared01 View Post
my clock keep jumping 5 minutes ahead, i thought i solve it before by running a time sync command i found MS tech forums. but it looks like its back again. i'm running win 7 Enterprise and i have all my updates installed. any help would be great guy
Hello rpared01 & welcome

Make sure that your BIOS clock is set correctly & also check that your computer is synchronizing with an internet time server.


-1.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #3
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Try resetting the time server to "time-b.nist.gov".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Dec 2009   #4
rpared01

Win 7 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rsvr85 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rpared01 View Post
my clock keep jumping 5 minutes ahead, i thought i solve it before by running a time sync command i found MS tech forums. but it looks like its back again. i'm running win 7 Enterprise and i have all my updates installed. any help would be great guy
Hello rpared01 & welcome

Make sure that your BIOS clock is set correctly & also check that your computer is synchronizing with an internet time server.


Attachment 41543
iit wont let me change it the time server, it because im part of a domain ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #5
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rpared01 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rsvr85 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rpared01 View Post
my clock keep jumping 5 minutes ahead, i thought i solve it before by running a time sync command i found MS tech forums. but it looks like its back again. i'm running win 7 Enterprise and i have all my updates installed. any help would be great guy
Hello rpared01 & welcome

Make sure that your BIOS clock is set correctly & also check that your computer is synchronizing with an internet time server.


Attachment 41543
iit wont let me change it the time server, it because im part of a domain ?
Are you logged in as an administrator?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #6
rpared01

Win 7 Pro
 
 

no but i have admin rights, but i can login as the admin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #7
rpared01

Win 7 Pro
 
 

just login as the admin and still nothing cant change the time clock server, where would i find it in the registry ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #8
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Have you checked your BIOS clock?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #9
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Are the clocks on the other computers in the domain also out by the same amount, or is it just yours?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #10
rpared01

Win 7 Pro
 
 

yes my bios clock is on the correct time. me and 3 other user but those user are on vista Business are off by different times, one by 10 other by 12 or by 5 minutes. But i have 6 other users who are on xp are not having this problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 clock problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Clock Drift driving me nuts. Any way to sync to CMOS clock?
And old Windows problem has finally reared its ugly head on my system: "clock drift". My Windows clock keeps losing time. About 1 minute by the end of the day. My CMOS clock is fine and is NOT losing time. I shut my PC off at night, automatically correcting the Windows clock when I restart the...
General Discussion
Clock Gadget problem with installation
Hi guys, I have a problem installing a clock gadgets.I download them as zip file i extract them and when i double click the application that installs them it gives me Unspecifed eror. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance
Gadgets
Strange clock display problem
I have a some strange problem on my Windows 7 Ultimate x86. In Date and Time applet, time display control displays some strange characters like below: http://i.imgur.com/TYHsZ.jpg Also in some applications that use Time and Date control it does not work. It displays nothing when I clicked or...
General Discussion
Clock problem
Right now my clock is showing 12:27 AM when it actually should be 00:27 AM ??? I can't find a solution to this problem. Can someone help me ?
Software
Clock problem with two OS
I have Windows7 and and Ubuntu installed in two different disks , but not in a dual boot set up. I use F10 button to select which drive is to boot up (intel motherboard) . After using Ubuntu , everytime when I back to windows, the system time is reduced by around 5 hours and 30 minutes . If I...
Installation & Setup
Problem with Computer clock.
Sorry for being vague, Sometimes, about 5 times a week, my computer clock will move 3 hours backwards. As if it were switching to Pacific Time Zone, but my time zone stays at Eastern Time Zone. I really don't know what is wrong.. Thanks for the help.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App