Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Cannot start diagnostic policy service

12 Dec 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Cannot start diagnostic policy service

i tried to diagnose my internet connection, and it informed me that the diagnostic policy service was not running. so i went over to services.msc right clicked the diagnostic policy service and got the following error: im at loss |:



Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Dec 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultmate 32 bit 6.1.7600 Build 7600
 
 

Just a thought, what if you disable it then reboot then try to start it?
Raj
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

how do i disable it..?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Dec 2009   #4

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Right cick it, select Properties and then select disabled in the dropdown window. The default setting is automatic.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rajinisback09 View Post
Just a thought, what if you disable it then reboot then try to start it?
Raj
nope didn't help, same error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Bump x_x
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

how in 5 days does not one person have an answer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2009   #8

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Sometimes you can liken posting on forum to going fishing. If you don't get any bites, it might mean that there are no fish in the pond, at least not with mouths big enough to swallow the size of your hook. At that point, you should go looking for another fishing hole, or go deeper into the ocean of Googling.

The only thought that occurs to me is a question, what happens if you start the service manually in the services.msc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2009   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GlobesStudios View Post
i tried to diagnose my internet connection, and it informed me that the diagnostic policy service was not running. so i went over to services.msc right clicked the diagnostic policy service and got the following error: im at loss |:
This is not the answer that you are looking for and it may not work, but why not bite the bullet, go back 2 weeks or so and do a system restore.

Thats what SR is for, but no one even tries.

My friend lost her entire internet connection (Vista HP), I suggested SR and now all is working fine.

Give it a try, its easy and you can cancel the restore if it does not work out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GlobesStudios View Post
i tried to diagnose my internet connection, and it informed me that the diagnostic policy service was not running. so i went over to services.msc right clicked the diagnostic policy service and got the following error: im at loss |:
This is not the answer that you are looking for and it may not work, but why not bite the bullet, go back 2 weeks or so and do a system restore.

Thats what SR is for, but no one even tries.

My friend lost her entire internet connection (Vista HP), I suggested SR and now all is working fine.

Give it a try, its easy and you can cancel the restore if it does not work out.
for some reason i only have a restore point from 2 days ago.. i clicked show more and that's it.. don't know why.. this problem occurred like a month ago
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cannot start diagnostic policy service




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Cannot start diagnostic policy service
Thread Forum
Unable to connect to Internet-diagnostic policy service off Network & Sharing
Unable to connect to internet; diagnostic policy service not running? Network & Sharing
Solved Diagnostic Policy Service Not Running Fixed General Discussion
Cannot start diagnostic service policy windows 7 64 bit Performance & Maintenance
Diagnostic Policy Service cannot be started General Discussion
Diagnostic Policy service - not running Network & Sharing
Diagnostic Policy Service Not running! Help! General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33