|29 Dec 2009||#1|
| || |
Desktop shortcuts disappear after Boot
I have two minor issues with 7. First, I placed several shortcut incons from the Admin folder on my desktop for convenience --ie. Device Mgr, Disk Mgmt, Event Viewer, My Computer, etc. Every time I boot up, only these admin icons disappear. None others are affected.
Secondly, whenever I dbl-click a .VOB file from a DVD folder, the Windows Media Player pops up the size of a 4" square. However, before in Vista it always appeared the size I left it when I logged off last; Vista remembered its size.. Even after re-sizing it, upon launch it starts out small in 7. Why doesn't 7 remember the size? What to do?
|My System Specs|
|29 Dec 2009||#3|
| || |
Hi Garuda, Welcome to SF,
Regarding the first problem there is a MS Windows NT 4.0 Resource Kit which might fix the issue.
1. Download the file Layout.zip from the link under Tools above, and extract the contents to an empty directory.
2. Copy Layout.dll to the Windows System32
3. Double click on the Layout.reg file to automatically make the appropriate changes to your registry.
4. Now go to your desktop and arrange the icons as you'd like them to be saved.
5. Once done, right click on the Recycle Bin and select 'Save Desktop Icon Layout'. The positions of all the icons are now saved. You can move the icons around freely, however whenever you want them restored to their original saved positions, right click on Recycle Bin again and select 'Restore Desktop Icon Layout'.
Regarding the second problem i guess its an issue with WMP i found a answer which you could try
Open an MP3 file, Press Ctrl+3 to go to Now Playing view, Resize the window, then close WMP. The next time you double click a movie file, the window opens at the size set while playing the MP3 file
Let us know if you have any more questions
Hope this helps
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Desktop shortcuts disappear after Boot|
|Shortcuts on desktop disappear after 1 week||General Discussion|
|GOOD Shortcuts Disappear - No New Shortcuts Possible||Customization|
|Desktop shortcuts disappear on a Domain||Network & Sharing|
|Shortcuts to Network Shared Folders disappear once in a while||Network & Sharing|
|Shortcuts to network drive disappear||Network & Sharing|
|Desktop shortcuts disappear in Windows 7||General Discussion|
|Desktop shortcuts disappear when renamed||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.