Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows 7 - Wish list

24 Oct 2008   #21
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

I'm sure getting tired of people that write articles; when one of the first things they write is a slam on Vista, probably written on a Vista machine ...


They have a rude awakening coming with 7, if they don't like Vista!










Later Ted

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2008   #22

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
I'm sure getting tired of people that write articles; when one of the first things they write is a slam on Vista, probably written on a Vista machine ...

They have a rude awakening coming with 7, if they don't like Vista!


Later Ted
Actually, Ted, Paul Thurrott is one of the few journalists out there that writes truly objective articles - he writes from a professional unbiased point of view.

In fact, it was from his website that I learned all about Vista during the Alpha/Beta and RTM phases and made the decision to get Vista when it was first released.

It just comes down to it that if you want an honest opinion about the development of Windows 7, there is no better place to go than http://www.winsupersite.com/.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Paul's site to find out what happens at PDC 2008, and when Windows 7 will be released for public BETA testing - as I did with Vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2008   #23
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Dzomlija ... how have you been doing buddy!

Thanks for the link! I didn't mean to vent; I just see so much over at Vistax64.com that I get tired of it all. I know that there are some 'good guys' out there. I too will be watching!

Thanks!








Later Ted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Oct 2008   #24

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello Dzomlija ... how have you been doing buddy!

Thanks for the link! I didn't mean to vent; I just see so much over at Vistax64.com that I get tired of it all. I know that there are some 'good guys' out there. I too will be watching!

Thanks!

Later Ted
I'm doing pretty well, actually.

And I feel the same as you about these blokes that spout out rubbish about Vista and Windows 7.

There a cool ad on South African TV for Steers (a take-aways restaurant), where they say at the end "If you don't like it, then you haven't tried it".

The same can be said for a majority of the Vista bashers - They don't like it because they haven't tried it (or they're just too [insert colorful expletive here] stupid to know any better)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2008   #25
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
The same can be said for a majority of the Vista bashers - They don't like it because they haven't tried it (or they're just too [insert colorful expletive here] stupid to know any better)
Thank you ...







Later Ted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2008   #26

SEVEN x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
I'm doing pretty well, actually.

And I feel the same as you about these blokes that spout out rubbish about Vista and Windows 7.

There a cool ad on South African TV for Steers (a take-aways restaurant), where they say at the end "If you don't like it, then you haven't tried it".

The same can be said for a majority of the Vista bashers - They don't like it because they haven't tried it (or they're just too [insert colorful expletive here] stupid to know any better)
QFT!!!!!

Vista is excellent ....it has exceeded any expectations i had & continues to do so, if this (RC2) Windows 7 can improve on Vista then that's just the icing on the cake really.

i see Windows 7 & Vista truly monopolizing the OS market in the near future......
(not that there's much in the way of competition) but you can forget Opera & Ubuntu, the majority of PCs WILL go M$..... if as you say they have 2 brain cells to rub together....lol

i have seen many XP users tearing down Vista & they haven't even tried it, they are all so quick to jump on this ''i hate Vista'' train yet they have no reason to.

bring on Windows 7 & let the haters hate!!

SK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2008   #27

Vista X32. Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Could any body explain just exactly what Paul Thurrott is saying here :-

"To address real-world performance issues (i.e. not those things that users imagine, but rather those things that are, in fact, slower on Windows Vista than they were in previous Windows versions), Microsoft is evolving the componentization of the system so that the Windows 7 runtime is even smaller than that of Windows Vista. As it has experienced on the server side, a smaller Windows is a faster and more secure (if less capable) Windows. Users will be able to enable functionality at the expense of performance and security, but it will be their option."

Is he talking about add-ons like Sidebar, media player etc etc. How could these reduce the op systems performance. Or is he talking about indexing, UAC, Superfetch etc? What use is a super fast op system that is slow to perform standard tasks?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2008   #28

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NormCameron View Post
Could any body explain just exactly what Paul Thurrott is saying here :-

"To address real-world performance issues (i.e. not those things that users imagine, but rather those things that are, in fact, slower on Windows Vista than they were in previous Windows versions), Microsoft is evolving the componentization of the system so that the Windows 7 runtime is even smaller than that of Windows Vista. As it has experienced on the server side, a smaller Windows is a faster and more secure (if less capable) Windows. Users will be able to enable functionality at the expense of performance and security, but it will be their option."

Is he talking about add-ons like Sidebar, media player etc etc. How could these reduce the op systems performance. Or is he talking about indexing, UAC, Superfetch etc? What use is a super fast op system that is slow to perform standard tasks?
Actually, I believe that he is referencing the ability to add/remove/customize more Windows components that could previously not be done on XP or Vista. In a nutshell, the ability to customize items that previously required third-party utilities or registry hacks.

I, for one, think this is a great idea. It'll give us more control.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2008   #29

Windows 7 7100 build
 
 

My top 5 are:

1. Less able or completely remove the way you can mess it up. Spyware, virus, malware etc.

2. Faster interface. Vista is really fast, but never can be fast enough lol.

3. Improved boot time. under 1minute to 100% fully usable desktop. Meaning now just showing the desktop, but able to open anything fast.

4. When you uninstall something have it really delete EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING as an option so it leaves no remains.

5. Make sure it's a little more stable than Vista when launched so it does not get bad rep!

It's hard for me to come up with things I want improved because most of the things I wanted were fixed with Vista when I was upgrading from XP.


I am just really looking forward to 7 64bit! After moving to Vista 64 7 should just be that much better!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2008   #30

Windows 7 Build 7100
 
 

Yeah, Windows Media Player 12 is fine. Only thing that pisses me off with it is they enabled the Media Player sharing by default this time. Everytime I turn on my PS3 I get an icon that says MediaPlayer 12 but I cannot connect to it. I am sure it had something to do with homegroups or something. However I agree that media player and IE should be an optional addon. So I still use Fuppes for pnp sharing across my network.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 - Wish list





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 - Wish list
Thread Forum
List of Available Hotfixes for Windows 7 Windows Updates & Activation
CLSID Key List for Windows 7 Tutorials
Windows 7 PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD Help and Support
windows 8 wish list. Chillout Room
how do i get rid of the jump list on windows 7 General Discussion
List Files in Folder With Ignore List General Discussion
Jump List Tricks for Windows Media Player in Windows 7 News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33