Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: Should companies wait for Windows 7 SP1?

04 Feb 2010   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Declaring off the bat that you are waiting for SP1 shows several things. First, it shows a lack of research and testing on the part of the company's IT Staff. It also shows a general laziness, and an overall "unwillingness to adopt new ways of thinking".

Besides, with the more recent OSes, service packs have been more about security roll-ups, than actual fixes or new features.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #12


Heavy companies didn't switch from xp to vista. 7 will be no different, XP will be EoL in a few years thus forcing corporate upgrades but not without years of testing. Companies with proprietary software (all heavy companies) will have go through another gauntlet of testing and planning before even planning sectional upgrades. ie: 2k to xp
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I used to work for a fairly large company and they didn't wholesale move from Windows XP to Windows Vista. However, they are planning and working on moving from XP to Windows 7 as the standard at this point. Eventually companies want to get away from XP, it's old, it's ugly, has fewer new features being released.....but Vista wasn't the answer for a variety of reasons. Windows 7 on the other hand is well regarded and works well. Plus, we've had a few years for companies to update their old outdated equipment and that is helping with the newer OS as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec

04 Feb 2010   #14

XP Vista 7

any other thoughts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec

 Should companies wait for Windows 7 SP1?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Please wait while windows configures.....
My particular application that is giving me trouble is AutoCad Mechanical 2010, so I get the message "Please wait while windows configures AutoCad Mechanical 2010". But as I have tried to research this I found that it happens with quite a few different programs. The pop-up appears every time I...
Energy Companies Powering Up with Windows 7
60% of companies to skip windows 7
60% of companies to skip windows 7, according to this article. some of them because of budget issues, others because of compatability issues. still looking better than vista's history at this stange I think, well unless those remaining 40% decide to downgrade to XP like some corporations did with...
Cant wait for windows 7 on thursday :)
I cant wait!!!
General Discussion
Why I'll wait for Windows 7 before I buy a new computer
I need a new computer. Badly. My old iMac, which I'm using to write this now, has seen better days. My Windows machines, strewn across the house, are old and tired. But I'm unwilling to buy a new computer today. It's not that I haven't seen machines that I really would like to have or I don't have...
Ballmer: It's OK to wait for Windows 7
Some companies are planning to skip Windows Vista, and that's OK, according to Steve Ballmer. But Microsoft's CEO hopes that those companies come back for Windows 7. Ballmer said that "if people want to wait they really can," ZDNet's Larry Dignan reports. "But I'd definitely deploy Vista," he...

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+

Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App