Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can we pin a picture to desktop?


27 Feb 2010   #1

Vista
 
 
Can we pin a picture to desktop?

In WinXP ActiveDesktop feature, you could pin a picture to the desktop, and move it around and lock it at a position. I have been wanting to do that in Windows 7. I have some family pictures which I want to sit atop of the changing desktop wallpaper. Is there a way I could accomplish that?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Feb 2010   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Welcome

I never tried but with IE 8, there may be a way.

Go to your picture folder, then drag to desktop. Let me know if it works.


If it does not work do not be disappointed, as I said I never tried.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #3

Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Welcome

I never tried but with IE 8, there may be a way.

Go to your picture folder, then drag to desktop. Let me know if it works.

If it does not work do not be disappointed, as I said I never tried.
I tried doing the drag from explorer and it didnt work. But I didnt understand IE8 part. How to use IE8 to accomplish the drag?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Feb 2010   #4
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Welcome

I never tried but with IE 8, there may be a way.

Go to your picture folder, then drag to desktop. Let me know if it works.


If it does not work do not be disappointed, as I said I never tried.

That works, but all you get is a shortcut icon - kind of small for the rugrats. But I did not get the IE8 part either.

taylormah, what you can do is create several slideshows with just 1 picture in each. That works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

If the pic is too small, just left click on pic, hold down the cntl key and change the size with the mouse wheel.

Sorry about IE8, I was going to suggest another method, and did not delete that part.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Or create one slide show with all the images you want to display - Desktop Slideshow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #7
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
If the pic is too small, just left click on pic, hold down the cntl key and change the size with the mouse wheel.

Sorry about IE8, I was going to suggest another method, and did not delete that part.

Yeah, neat. Forgot about that. But that only works if no program is open at the time you turn the wheel AND you have to increrase the size of the shortcuts before you place the pic on the screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
If the pic is too small, just left click on pic, hold down the cntl key and change the size with the mouse wheel.

Sorry about IE8, I was going to suggest another method, and did not delete that part.

Yeah, neat. Forgot about that. But that only works if no program is open at the time you turn the wheel AND you have to increrase the size of the shortcuts before you place the pic on the screen.
Well, then we can right click on the desktop, select view and choose the size.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #9
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
If the pic is too small, just left click on pic, hold down the cntl key and change the size with the mouse wheel.

Sorry about IE8, I was going to suggest another method, and did not delete that part.

Yeah, neat. Forgot about that. But that only works if no program is open at the time you turn the wheel AND you have to increrase the size of the shortcuts before you place the pic on the screen.
Well, then we can right click on the desktop, select view and choose the size.
True, but with the wheel you can make a bigger size than "Large".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

I think the OP has the idea, Im done!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can we pin a picture to desktop?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Can we pin a picture to desktop?
Thread Forum
Solved Change desktop picture Customization
Solved Desktop picture vs. icons General Discussion
Solved Need to find my desktop picture. General Discussion
Desktop background picture error BSOD Help and Support
How to set a picture as a desktop object ? Customization
Shared desktop picture?? Customization
Desktop Picture corruption Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33