Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Confused

05 Mar 2010   #1
harry5

 
Confused

Java 32 bit or 64 bit? Which should I have am using 32 bit should I also have 64 bit installed as well? as my thread title says I am confused
Cheers
Harry

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Mar 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) *** Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), OSX 10.6
 
 

Install the version that matches your OS, i.e. 32-bit. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #3

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Well this depends on what browser your using, if your on 64bit Windows 7, and use a 64bit browser, then install 64bit Java, if your on 64bit Windows 7, but using a standard 32bit browser, then install 32bit Java.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Mar 2010   #4
harry5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Well this depends on what browser your using, if your on 64bit Windows 7, and use a 64bit browser, then install 64bit Java, if your on 64bit Windows 7, but using a standard 32bit browser, then install 32bit Java.
os is 64bit Windows 7 I use ie8 and firefox 3.6.It's just that I read that not all sites support 64bit as I said I am confused and don't know a real lot about computers just learning
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #5

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

That's fine, and since you mention using IE8 & FF 3.6, they are both 32bit Browsers, so you will only need to install 32bit Java.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Both will work too. Note that Java, like Flash and Shockwave is a security vulnerability so use Secunia PSI to make sure you have the latest version(s).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #7
harry5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
That's fine, and since you mention using IE8 & FF 3.6, they are both 32bit Browsers, so you will only need to install 32bit Java.
Cheers thanks for that I have learned lots from this forum and I think I am doing OK for someone who had never even turned a computer on until about 6 months ago I am now losing my status as a luddite lol
Cheers
Harry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #8

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by harry5 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
That's fine, and since you mention using IE8 & FF 3.6, they are both 32bit Browsers, so you will only need to install 32bit Java.
Cheers thanks for that I have learned lots from this forum and I think I am doing OK for someone who had never even turned a computer on until about 6 months ago I am now losing my status as a luddite lol
Cheers
Harry
No worries mate, glad to be of assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Anything else or can this thread be marked solved?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #10
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by harry5 View Post
Java 32 bit or 64 bit? Which should I have am using 32 bit should I also have 64 bit installed as well? as my thread title says I am confused
Cheers
Harry
For x64 system (your system specs) it is recommended to install both versions, by sun java!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Confused





Please note  Please note
        When your issue is fixed please remember to thank those that helped you and mark the thread as solved.
Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Confused
Thread Forum
Solved Confused about SSD Hardware & Devices
New Here and very confused General Discussion
Solved Little bit confused about RAM Hardware & Devices
New & Confused Network & Sharing
im confused with 64 bit and 32 bit. pls help.. General Discussion
Im confused!!! help with .ico and .png General Discussion
confused Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33