Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Start Menu issues recent programs list

12 Apr 2009   #1

7 build 7077 x64
 
 
Start Menu issues recent programs list

Well for some reason windows 7 has decided that it will not let me remove the recent programs from this liste the ones that i well honestly do not use. It just won't let me do that but yet i could on Windows Vista.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Apr 2009   #2

Windows 7 RC 7100 32bit/64bit
 
 

Doesn't any of these work for you?

Recent Items - Turn On or Off

or

Recent Programs - Turn On or Off


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2009   #3

7 build 7077 x64
 
 

ok that's got my recent items working but still there's the other issue :/ i can't remove some items such as REmote desktop, sticky notes etc. And also it's not showing my default programs even though that's clearly checked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Apr 2009   #4

Windows 7 RTM Ultimate - Activated (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 133794m3r View Post
ok that's got my recent items working but still there's the other issue :/ i can't remove some items such as REmote desktop, sticky notes etc. And also it's not showing my default programs even though that's clearly checked.
Try this method.
  1. Removing a program icon from the Start menu doesn't remove it from the All Programs list or uninstall the program.
  2. Click the Start button.
  3. Right-click the program icon you want to remove from the Start menu, and then click Remove from this list.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2009   #5

7 build 7077 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andych View Post
Try this method.
  1. Removing a program icon from the Start menu doesn't remove it from the All Programs list or uninstall the program.
  2. Click the Start button.
  3. Right-click the program icon you want to remove from the Start menu, and then click Remove from this list.
what i'm saying is it won't remove from teh startmenu >.> on the very front of the items. It's windows Programs such as Remote Desktop, Sticky Notes, Calcutator etc. i click remove from li.st and it won't go away from my list. It's still there on teh front of my start menu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2009   #6

Windows 7 RTM Ultimate - Activated (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 133794m3r View Post
what i'm saying is it won't remove from teh startmenu >.> on the very front of the items. It's windows Programs such as Remote Desktop, Sticky Notes, Calcutator etc. i click remove from li.st and it won't go away from my list. It's still there on teh front of my start menu.
What Build of Win 7 are you using....I just tried it on my 7077 x32 and I was able to remove Calculator and sticky notes....simply right click them and select remove from this list and they are gone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2009   #7

7 build 7077 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andych View Post
What Build of Win 7 are you using....I just tried it on my 7077 x32 and I was able to remove Calculator and sticky notes....simply right click them and select remove from this list and they are gone.
yeah i did that. I'm on 7077 x64 :/ i can't seem to remove them for some unknown reason. And also i love how the mystery driver issue is still there even in 7 on my laptop @.@
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2009   #8

 

I just got mine to disappear.

Right-click the Start orb --> uncheck Store recently opened programs in the Start menu --> click Apply --> click on Start orb and verify they are gone --> re-check Store recently opened programs in the Start menu --> click OK.

Now, if I can only get them all back again - I liked having most of those apps but I cannot remember what all of them were....

Would you mind posting a screen shot so I can add them back to the start menu?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2009   #9

7 build 7077 x64
 
 

ok np and i took a screenshot of how it looked now :/ so erm yeah


Attached Thumbnails
Start Menu issues recent programs list-meh.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2009   #10

 

Thanks m8 - I got them back in there but not in the right order lol....

Plus, since my start menu is taller I think I had a couple more that are not showing in yours....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Start Menu issues recent programs list




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33