Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Severe eye fatigue


15 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 
Severe eye fatigue

Hi, since I switched from XP to Windows 7, I'm experiencing a severe eye fatigue.

I first thought I was just tired but when I go back to XP (on the same computers or on others) the fatigue disappears. I find the white color in Windows 7 very aggressive and I find myself constantly rubing my eyes. Since this computer is my workstation and will have to work on it for like 10 hours a day, I would like to know if there was some kind of solution or at least if it was a known "issue".

I tried to tweak the graphic card and monitor settings but it didn't do the trick and my eyes are still hurting.

I hope I'll get some answers on this,
thanks in advance!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Mar 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PODxt View Post
Hi, since I switched from XP to Windows 7, I'm experiencing a severe eye fatigue.

I first thought I was just tired but when I go back to XP (on the same computers or on others) the fatigue disappears. I find the white color in Windows 7 very aggressive and I find myself constantly rubing my eyes. Since this computer is my workstation and will have to work on it for like 10 hours a day, I would like to know if there was some kind of solution or at least if it was a known "issue".

I tried to tweak the graphic card and monitor settings but it didn't do the trick and my eyes are still hurting.

I hope I'll get some answers on this,
thanks in advance!

POD

What exactly are you trying to change? Do you simply want to change the wallpaper(background) to a different color? Or do you want to change every windows, etc?

If you right click the desktop and click personalization, it will put you where you can change any element of the theme. Lets us know.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #3

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

hi...give classic/basic theme a shot.....


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Mar 2010   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

There is an app. which will tone down those and adjust to different times of day.

Can't recall atm what it is called.

I tried it out on Vista x64 a while back - seems to work as advertised.

Will post back if I can remember it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
POD

What exactly are you trying to change? Do you simply want to change the wallpaper(background) to a different color? Or do you want to change every windows, etc?

If you right click the desktop and click personalization, it will put you where you can change any element of the theme. Lets us know.

Ken
Hi Ken, I would like to know if any of you on SevenForums noticed some light/color aggressivity in the way Windows 7 displays on screen. The luminosity is very aggresive to me (and other users as I read posts on other forums of people also experiencing eye fatigue) but adjusting it to 0% in the graphic card settings doesn't change anything.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thathagat View Post
hi...give classic/basic theme a shot.....
Thanks for the input but it didn't change anything and I still get the impression my eyes are being radiated!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
There is an app. which will tone down those and adjust to different times of day.

Can't recall atm what it is called.

I tried it out on Vista x64 a while back - seems to work as advertised.

Will post back if I can remember it.
I will give it a try when you'll remember the name of this app!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #7
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Try the inbuilt Windows app 'Calibrate display colors' (Just type name into start menu search) and then you can adjust properties. The slider that turns down whites is the gamma slider. Just put the slider down near the black (Or to your comfort) so the whites don't blare.

Please post back if this helps...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Hi Dom, nope changing the gamma setting didn't do the trick.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Here you go,

From memeory, it takes abit of fiddling to get it the way you want

F.lux: software to make your life better

Find your latitude and longitude here:

http://stereopsis.com/flux/map.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Thanks, I'll try this!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Severe eye fatigue




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Severe eye fatigue
Thread Forum
Severe HDD bottleneck on laptop Performance & Maintenance
Severe Browser Issues.... Browsers & Mail
Computer slowdown - not severe Performance & Maintenance
Java severe issue on Seven Software
Severe Graphics Issue BSOD Help and Support
Solved severe registry errors??? System Security
Severe browser problem Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33