Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 login page.

21 Mar 2010   #1
Rockfella

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 
Windows 7 login page.

Hi all,
In XP there is an option to change "how windows login" in control panel>user accounts. Where is that option in 7???
Any help is appriciated.

TIA.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Mar 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Hi all,
In XP there is an option to change "how windows login" in control panel>user accounts. Where is that option in 7???
Any help is appriciated.

TIA.

What do you want to change it to?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #3
Rockfella

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I want to make sure i don't have to click on anything to login and see the desptop. The desptop should appear after booting on it's own. the setting was fine after a fresh install, i installed a software and after that it changed, now i have to click on login only then i see the desktop. i know i've not put it in a good way.. this is the best i could do, can't take a screen shot of the login page
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Hi all,
In XP there is an option to change "how windows login" in control panel>user accounts. Where is that option in 7???
Any help is appriciated.

TIA.

What do you want to change it to?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Mar 2010   #4
Product FRED

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
I want to make sure i don't have to click on anything to login and see the desptop. The desptop should appear after booting on it's own. the setting was fine after a fresh install, i installed a software and after that it changed, now i have to click on login only then i see the desktop. i know i've not put it in a good way.. this is the best i could do, can't take a screen shot of the login page
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Hi all,
In XP there is an option to change "how windows login" in control panel>user accounts. Where is that option in 7???
Any help is appriciated.

TIA.

What do you want to change it to?
Hit Windows Key + R. Type control userpasswords2 and hit enter, uncheck "Users must enter password...", click OK. A window will pop up and ask for your password. Done.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #5
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Rockfella, welcome to Seven Forums!



Have a look at the tutorial at the link below; I wouldn't advise removing the password, more often as not it causes problems that are hard to repair.

Log On Automatically at Startup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #6
Rockfella

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Thank you I am aware of the disadvantages and i know what i am doing, appriciate the help This forum is nice, people are helpful.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello Rockfella, welcome to Seven Forums!



Have a look at the tutorial at the link below; I wouldn't advise removing the password, more often as not it causes problems that are hard to repair.

Log On Automatically at Startup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #7
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

You're welcome, glad we could help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 login page.




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot access Login page
Hi, We have two computers - both have Windows 7. The only difference I can think of between the two is the one that can't access a Login page on a website is a Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I'm trying to access an updated webpage for my club Artistic Woodturners of NW Florida > Home. Clicking on...
System Security
Can I clean reinstall Win 7 without going thru login page?
I cannot get to login page on Windows 7 after clean reinstall of the OS. Neither Safe mode, "repair your computer" doesn't load.
Installation & Setup
Only have 'other user ' on login page
I switched off today and switched back on and now have only 'other user' on the login page. All of my normal user logins have disappeared So, I cannot get past this. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks Eddie (from my netbook)
General Discussion
Attempting to login to most websites results in login page refreshing.
When I attempt to log in to many sites (Hotmail, youtube, steam community, razerzone, thinkgeek, my bank, etc.) after hitting "login" the page refreshes to show both the username and password fields blank and I am not logged in. I'm running Windows home premium 64bit, and I'm using Firefox...
Browsers & Mail
Windows restarts 3-5 times to properly see the login page
Hi all. so i've been running windows 7 for over a year now on a 1.5 year old laptop. recently i've noticed that my laptop has been taking a LOT longer to load. starting about 1 month back. at first i dismissed it as i thought it was a one-off thing but the problem is not going away and it...
System Security
Windows takes 3-5 times to properly see the login page
Hi all. so i've been running windows 7 for over a year now on a 1.5 year old laptop. recently i've noticed that my laptop has been taking a LOT longer to load. starting about 1 month back. at first i dismissed it as i thought it was a one-off thing but the problem is not going away and it...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App