Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Shaking Windows


11 Apr 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Shaking Windows

hi there, i just got a problem that annoys me, when i open a folder, or firefox, when i try to click another folder at the folder that i opened, it shakes and says Folder Not Responding, for about 2 sec it becomes good, but when i click again, it shakes again, what must be the problem?, and when i open firefox, coz i stay too loong on firefox, it wont stop shaking.... thank you, Milot.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2010   #2

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Perhaps slightly modified language might elicit more replies!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #3

 
 

What exactly do you mean by 'shaking'?

ie the window itself moves up/down/left/right or does it sort of 'flash/flicker?'

The 'not responding' may be due to memory being swapped in and out of the pagefile or RAM.

Do you have any apps that have added any context menu to explorer?

Unfortunately, from the description - it's to know where to start
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Apr 2010   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
What exactly do you mean by 'shaking'?

ie the window itself moves up/down/left/right or does it sort of 'flash/flicker?'

The 'not responding' may be due to memory being swapped in and out of the pagefile or RAM.

Do you have any apps that have added any context menu to explorer?

Unfortunately, from the description - it's to know where to start
How about i Record, and i will upload the Video?, that will be easily. thank you for your response.

well its becouse i dont know how to explain it, its hard for me, and the video will be posted as soon as i can. thank you.


Edit: Just Added the Video on Youtube, i think this is the way better to understand it, its not the first time that it hapens to me like that

Click here to watch it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #5

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Very difficult to see what you mean as the video itself is very shaky. Try putting the camera on a firm surface and then record your monitor instead of holding it in your hand.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Very difficult to see what you mean as the video itself is very shaky. Try putting the camera on a firm surface and then record your monitor instead of holding it in your hand.
You can Clearly see when it says Not-Responding.... making new vid...

Edit: Click HERE to Watch the second Video.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote:
it shakes and says Folder Not Responding
Are you running Norton Anti Virus?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #8

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Thanks for posting the replacement video. It is much easier to see without all the shaking of the previous one.

What are your specs? How much memory have you got in your system?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote:
it shakes and says Folder Not Responding
Are you running Norton Anti Virus?
YES

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Thanks for posting the replacement video. It is much easier to see without all the shaking of the previous one.

What are your specs? How much memory have you got in your system?


Intel Pentium 3.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 1GB Graphic Card(Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT)



Firstly, when i installed Windows 7, it was not like this, from time to time, become like this...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Made another vid, while i started my Antivirus to Scan... Shaking Hard, lol...

Click HERE to Watch...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Shaking Windows




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Shaking Windows
Thread Forum
Solved Windows "frames" shaking/vibrating General Discussion
Aero Shake - Clear Desktop by Shaking a Window Tutorials
System very unstable, flashing, shaking General Discussion
help me my monitor shaking General Discussion
On turning on pc,icons and text is fuzzy (like its shaking) General Discussion
Desktop Icons shaking/blinking General Discussion
Shaking the active window General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33