Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wouldn't it be great...


05 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Wouldn't it be great...

If when you did an unattended copy or move of data in which the source contained a conflict requiring user input - ...... that the damned copy CONTINUED doing everything it COULD do only leaving what it couldn't for your decision???

Or.. how about if MS asked you EVERY question required for the OS install PRIOR to clicking finalize in which you could walk away and come back to a completely booted desktop.

How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?

Am I the only one who's ever found this to be a glaring oversight? What are you BASIC requests for the OS?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jun 2010   #2

 

Basic request "STOP PRODUCING ERROR"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

yes I totally agree, that copy thing is annoying, but to be fair, that is pretty much my only bug bear with 7, Can i suggest posting that to this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...s-7-a-169.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Jun 2010   #4

Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrumanHW View Post
How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?
You cannot? Easy to delete videos on my end. As for the rating, you can for video format that Windows Explorer understands. WMV, MP4 type videos anything else will require an extension so Windows knows what metadata the file supports.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrumanHW View Post
How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?
You cannot? Easy to delete videos on my end. As for the rating, you can for video format that Windows Explorer understands. WMV, MP4 type videos anything else will require an extension so Windows knows what metadata the file supports.
Of course I can delete them - but I want to delete it AS it is playing.. in which it will skip to the next video. The rating should be superimposed on the video or picture, in which while watching/viewing I can rate it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #6

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrumanHW View Post
If when you did an unattended copy or move of data in which the source contained a conflict requiring user input - ...... that the damned copy CONTINUED doing everything it COULD do only leaving what it couldn't for your decision???...
Copy your files faster with TeraCopy

I'm with you on the unattended install thing. There are ways to do it, but unless you are setting up a bunch of computers at once it's hardly worth the effort.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wouldn't it be great...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Wouldn't it be great...
Thread Forum
PC wouldn't start even from restore after Wed updates Windows Updates & Activation
Any great games that doesn't require great hardware? Gaming
Windows wouldn't boot up, but now does. What happened? General Discussion
You wouldn't download a... Chillout Room
You wouldn't believe me if I told you! Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33