Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wouldn't it be great...

05 Jun 2010   #1
TrumanHW

Windows 7
 
 
Wouldn't it be great...

If when you did an unattended copy or move of data in which the source contained a conflict requiring user input - ...... that the damned copy CONTINUED doing everything it COULD do only leaving what it couldn't for your decision???

Or.. how about if MS asked you EVERY question required for the OS install PRIOR to clicking finalize in which you could walk away and come back to a completely booted desktop.

How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?

Am I the only one who's ever found this to be a glaring oversight? What are you BASIC requests for the OS?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Jun 2010   #2
kucing13

 

Basic request "STOP PRODUCING ERROR"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #3
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

yes I totally agree, that copy thing is annoying, but to be fair, that is pretty much my only bug bear with 7, Can i suggest posting that to this thread: What don't you like about Windows 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jun 2010   #4
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrumanHW View Post
How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?
You cannot? Easy to delete videos on my end. As for the rating, you can for video format that Windows Explorer understands. WMV, MP4 type videos anything else will require an extension so Windows knows what metadata the file supports.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #5
TrumanHW

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrumanHW View Post
How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?
You cannot? Easy to delete videos on my end. As for the rating, you can for video format that Windows Explorer understands. WMV, MP4 type videos anything else will require an extension so Windows knows what metadata the file supports.
Of course I can delete them - but I want to delete it AS it is playing.. in which it will skip to the next video. The rating should be superimposed on the video or picture, in which while watching/viewing I can rate it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #6
profdlp

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrumanHW View Post
If when you did an unattended copy or move of data in which the source contained a conflict requiring user input - ...... that the damned copy CONTINUED doing everything it COULD do only leaving what it couldn't for your decision???...
Copy your files faster with TeraCopy

I'm with you on the unattended install thing. There are ways to do it, but unless you are setting up a bunch of computers at once it's hardly worth the effort.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wouldn't it be great...




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
PC wouldn't start even from restore after Wed updates
Following the windows updates this wed, my pc wouldn't even start from a system restore. It was maybe heading that way as it was taking 20 minutes to boot up - despite 8 Gb RAM to help it along. I think one of the problems may be that it has never seemed top do many restore pointsd and...
Windows Updates & Activation
Any great games that doesn't require great hardware?
I have HP G60 Laptop as a gift last Christmas, very happy got my wish :D anyway, i'm looking for good games that doesn't require such high specs. My Specs: Games I currently have:
Gaming
You wouldn't download a...
Censored for the faint at heart. :p
Chillout Room
You wouldn't believe me if I told you!
So I'll post a screenshot for proof. A picture speaks a thousand words...
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App