Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: What is (build 7600)

08 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 
What is (build 7600)

I use CNet's "Tech Tracker" program and it is telling me that my version is:

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1 (Build 7600)



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jun 2010   #2

Windows 8 Pro x64 with WMC
 
 

Windows 7 build 7600 is the RTM (Final) version of Windows 7. The one that was released to OEMs and retail stores.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Windows 7 build 7600 is the RTM (Retail) version of Windows 7.
Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Jun 2010   #4

Windows 8 Pro x64 with WMC
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattDamonisdumb View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Windows 7 build 7600 is the RTM (Retail) version of Windows 7.
Thank you
Glad I could help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #5

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

During the development of an OS, Microsoft gives each version a build number. For example, with Windows 7 there were numerous builds, many of which were leaked. The official releases were 7000 (Beta), 7100 (RC) and 7600 (RTM). Of these, both the Beta and RC have now expired (as have all interim builds). The only build supported now is the RTM version (7600).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
During the development of an OS, Microsoft gives each version a build number. For example, with Windows 7 there were numerous builds, many of which were leaked. The official releases were 7000 (Beta), 7100 (RC) and 7600 (RTM). Of these, both the Beta and RC have now expired (as have all interim builds). The only build supported now is the RTM version (7600).
and that is what I have? I ask this because it says 7600 but not RTM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

RTM and 7600 are the same build version and are frequently used interchangeably. When someone mentions that they are using the RTM version, they are using build 7600 (and vice-versa).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
RTM and 7600 are the same build version and are frequently used interchangeably. When someone mentions that they are using the RTM version, they are using build 7600 (and vice-versa).
thank you again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #9

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

You're welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #10

Window XP
 
 

Windows 7 build 7600 has made its way to the file sharing services.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What is (build 7600)





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: What is (build 7600)
Thread Forum
Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601? Customization
Build 7600 any changes? General Discussion
XPM for build 7600 Virtualization
Build 7600 vs RC General Discussion
Help With Build 7600 32 bit! General Discussion
I broke build 7600 and need help General Discussion
After build 7600 what??? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33