Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't come out of sleep mode sometimes

18 Jun 2010   #11
exia

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madtownidiot View Post
There's a hotfix specifically for sleep issues with some computers. I had to download it for a lenovo recently. You can get it from microsoft here
I don't have this specific error (or any error at all, it just comes up as a blank screen because my monitor doesn't even have a display signal after it comes out from sleep).

I must be blind... I can't find the download button in your link...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jun 2010   #12
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
It was working for 8 months, I have been using Windows 7 x64 all this time and nothing has changed. So what has happened really?
Well, what changed? New graphics drivers, something installed?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #13
exia

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
It was working for 8 months, I have been using Windows 7 x64 all this time and nothing has changed. So what has happened really?
Well, what changed? New graphics drivers, something installed?

~Lordbob
Is that a trick question? Nothing has changed since about one month before I started having the problem, except for windows Updates if that is what you mean.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Jun 2010   #14
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
It was working for 8 months, I have been using Windows 7 x64 all this time and nothing has changed. So what has happened really?
Well, what changed? New graphics drivers, something installed?

~Lordbob
Is that a trick question? Nothing has changed, except for windows Updates if that is what you mean.
Have you installed a new program, updated Windows (or anything else), have you removed anything, any new hardware, etc.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #15
exia

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Well, what changed? New graphics drivers, something installed?

~Lordbob
Is that a trick question? Nothing has changed, except for windows Updates if that is what you mean.
Have you installed a new program, updated Windows (or anything else), have you removed anything, any new hardware, etc.

~Lordbob
Just Windows Updates before the change below.

I just finished installing the new ATI Catalyst drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #16
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post

Is that a trick question? Nothing has changed, except for windows Updates if that is what you mean.
Have you installed a new program, updated Windows (or anything else), have you removed anything, any new hardware, etc.

~Lordbob
Just Windows Updates before the change below.

I just finished installing the new ATI Catalyst drivers.
Well, did you delete anything?

Do you have hybrid sleep on or off?
Have you tried removing any recent updates?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #17
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post

Is that a trick question? Nothing has changed, except for windows Updates if that is what you mean.
Have you installed a new program, updated Windows (or anything else), have you removed anything, any new hardware, etc.

~Lordbob
Just Windows Updates before the change below.

I just finished installing the new ATI Catalyst drivers.
This may be your problem. Disable the ATI help services they are KNOWN to cause all kinds of problems. -WS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #18
exia

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Have you installed a new program, updated Windows (or anything else), have you removed anything, any new hardware, etc.

~Lordbob
Just Windows Updates before the change below.

I just finished installing the new ATI Catalyst drivers.
This may be your problem. Disable the ATI help services they are KNOWN to cause all kinds of problems. -WS
I will give this a shot, how do I go about disabling this? I have never had problems with ATI drivers before. I doubt they are the cause of this problem that just came out of the blue when it started.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #19
madtownidiot

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madtownidiot View Post
There's a hotfix specifically for sleep issues with some computers. I had to download it for a lenovo recently. You can get it from microsoft here
I don't have this specific error (or any error at all, it just comes up as a blank screen because my monitor doesn't even have a display signal after it comes out from sleep).

I must be blind... I can't find the download button in your link...
upper left corner of the page. and I had the same problem... thought it was my display driver but the fixit worked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2010   #20
exia

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by exia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Have you installed a new program, updated Windows (or anything else), have you removed anything, any new hardware, etc.

~Lordbob
Just Windows Updates before the change below.

I just finished installing the new ATI Catalyst drivers.
Well, did you delete anything?

Do you have hybrid sleep on or off?
Have you tried removing any recent updates?

~Lordbob
Rinse and repeat.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't come out of sleep mode sometimes




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode
Hi, I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently. Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and...
General Discussion
Sleep Mode errors - system won't sleep, 12 errors in energy-report
Issue at large: Win7-64 won't go into sleep mode. Recent issue in last week. Also seems to be automatically resetting from Balanced power mode to High Performance? Below is the energy-report.html results, if they're helpful: Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name HOME-PC Scan...
Performance & Maintenance
Help Please...PC won't come out of sleep mode unless I...
power off and unseat the video card, re-seat it, and power back up... win7 pro Intel Core i7 870 Processor ATI FirePro V4800 Motherboard GA-P55A-UD3Without doing the above steps, just get black video screen Would this be a software issue, problem with motherboard or video card?
BSOD Help and Support
How do i use hibernate mode without going into sleep mode first
I want windows media center computer to go into hibernate mode only. Now it goes to sleep after 25 min and then hibernates after 30 min. How do i set it so it will go right into hibernate mode? thanks:)
Software
Sleep Mode
I cannot always get my computer to wake up by hitting a keyboard button. I will have to reboot is. Do I need to program in something? (Not to mention CTRL/ALT/DEL will not reboot my computer so I have to shut off and turn on again.) Also, whenever my computer is off and I turn on again half the...
General Discussion
sleep mode + ics
is there a way i can put my laptop to sleep mode but still resume internet connection sharing? thanks.
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App