I am here to help and I want to give you my thoughts on what you want to do. Then you weigh the pro and con and do what is best for you.
Bottom line a clean install with format is best. So many posts from those that have problems because they did not do a clean install
What would you like a brand new 2011 car or the 1998 waxed, cleaned, fixed with all new parts and detailed, running like a kitten. The OS is the same thing, its best to get rid of the old and start fresh
Its your choice, anything you decide, I will be very happy to help, just want you to know the facts and 95% of the membership agree. The other 5% are the ones with the problems
Whatever you decide, good luck and I and the other members will be here for you.