Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem at the time of booting

23 Jul 2010   #1
senba

windows 7
 
 
Problem at the time of booting

Hello everyone... I have Toshiba Satellite M300 laptop. I have recently changed my os from vista to win 7. Initially it was good. But now when i press the power button and when i m promted to enter the password my mouse as well as keyboard is not functioning. If i force the shutdown by pressing the power button it is becoming normal. Why is this happening? Is there any problem in installation or its a problem of my laptop. Please let me know...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Jul 2010   #2
Bl4ckPearl

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senba View Post
Hello everyone... I have Toshiba Satellite M300 laptop. I have recently changed my os from vista to win 7. Initially it was good. But now when i press the power button and when i m promted to enter the password my mouse as well as keyboard is not functioning. If i force the shutdown by pressing the power button it is becoming normal. Why is this happening? Is there any problem in installation or its a problem of my laptop. Please let me know...

Same as mine. I have Toshiba Satellite M300 laptop, with the same problem. and also when I restarted cannot read all the driver.
How to fix this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #3
eduede

Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64-Bit, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Windows XP
 
 

Hi guys. When you upgraded to Windows 7, did you do an "upgrade" installation or a "clean" installation?

Also, you say that when you force a restart by hitting the power button, when you get back to the log-in screen, your keyboard and mouse do work? This problem occurs always? Just sometimes?

I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear more about the problem. Please be as specific as possible about the problem you are experiencing.

Best,
Eamon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2010   #4
Bl4ckPearl

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail x86
 
 

When I upgrade, off course I format the partition first.
This problem always happen only if I restart the laptop, for example every install updates or install an application that need to restart, laptop will be have the problem..but if use force shutdown, and turn on again nothings happen (working normal).

Thanks
JmZ
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #5
letsdoamazing

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bl4ckPearl View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senba View Post
Hello everyone... I have Toshiba Satellite M300 laptop. I have recently changed my os from vista to win 7. Initially it was good. But now when i press the power button and when i m promted to enter the password my mouse as well as keyboard is not functioning. If i force the shutdown by pressing the power button it is becoming normal. Why is this happening? Is there any problem in installation or its a problem of my laptop. Please let me know...

Same as mine. I have Toshiba Satellite M300 laptop, with the same problem. and also when I restarted cannot read all the driver.
How to fix this?
I would try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #6
Kirsch

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bl4ckPearl View Post
This problem always happen only if I restart the laptop, for example every install updates or install an application that need to restart, laptop will be have the problem..but if use force shutdown, and turn on again nothings happen (working normal).

Thanks
JmZ
Wait.. what? Now I'm confused.

If you restart the laptop, you get problems when Windows boots back up.

BUT, if you shut down the laptop, and the re-power on, Windows is fine.

Is this correct?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #7
letsdoamazing

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eduede View Post
Hi guys. When you upgraded to Windows 7, did you do an "upgrade" installation or a "clean" installation?

Also, you say that when you force a restart by hitting the power button, when you get back to the log-in screen, your keyboard and mouse do work? This problem occurs always? Just sometimes?

I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear more about the problem. Please be as specific as possible about the problem you are experiencing.

Best,
Eamon
Where are you going with that? Are you thinking that they got corrupted in the process? Because from Vista to 7 is not that big of a problem, some things are not compatible, but it wouldn't make a difference by how they shut down, would it? A clean install is always the better option, but more just upgrade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #8
Bl4ckPearl

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsch View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bl4ckPearl View Post
This problem always happen only if I restart the laptop, for example every install updates or install an application that need to restart, laptop will be have the problem..but if use force shutdown, and turn on again nothings happen (working normal).

Thanks
JmZ
Wait.. what? Now I'm confused.

If you restart the laptop, you get problems when Windows boots back up.

BUT, if you shut down the laptop, and the re-power on, Windows is fine.

Is this correct?
yes, thats right.
note: force shutdown not only normal shutdown
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #9
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bl4ckPearl View Post
When I upgrade, off course I format the partition first.
This problem always happen only if I restart the laptop, for example every install updates or install an application that need to restart, laptop will be have the problem..but if use force shutdown, and turn on again nothings happen (working normal).

Thanks
JmZ
Welcome to the SevenForums.

I am also a Toshiba Satellite user, although a different model than yours.

I suggest you go to the Toshiba site.
Go thru the gyrations and put in laptop, satellite, model nr info.
Select Window 7 and 32 or 64 bit
Click on the Download button you see rather than take that general update everything.
Look at the list of updates for Win 7 32 or 64 bit.
Select the appropriate ones.

I recommend starting with the oldest applicable and work yourself up to the most recent applicable.

OK. Now you've got the latest drivers, etc for your system.

First, try now and see if the problem is gone.

Let us know the results and then we can go from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #10
Kirsch

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

And by problems, your keyboard and mouse do not work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem at the time of booting




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Internet won't work for a long time after booting up
Hi After I boot my computer I cannot connect to the internet for a long time. The resource monitor shows svchost.exe (Network Service) running CPU at a constant 25% and disk is often maxed out and plenty of hard faults If I try to open network and sharing it will mostly fail - white screen with...
Network & Sharing
Very slow booting time [win7 x64]
win7 x64 sp1 quad core q8400 8GB ddr2 KIS 2013 installed, i did full scan, here is my startup applications: http://i.imgur.com/t5zCPkF.jpg startup takes around 7min, so i can use my pc normally, i did disc cleanup, fragmentation. nothing helped unfortunateley.
Performance & Maintenance
Win7 booting every time in recovery mode
Every time I boot my computer, it come up loading files, the open the boot recovery mode. If I leave it, it says that it fix one error, then it restarts and does the same again. The error was that it the boot.ini was missing. So I booted it up with ubuntu, and created an empty boot.ini file,...
General Discussion
Windows does not start at booting the first time
Any time I boot Windows 7 Professional on my laptop it does not start the first time. I get only a blinking cursor on black screen. I need to switch it off and re-boot it then it starts perfectly. It does that all the times. :( Any suggestion? Thank you
BSOD Help and Support
How to retrive an OS at the time of booting?
Haii.... Initially i was using windows7 later i have installed windows server 2003 in the different drive but after installation my system is directly booting into windows server without showing me the selection option.But the windows 7 disk is not deleted at contains all the files.show me the...
Installation & Setup
Booting fails first time everyday
I recently installed Windows 7 and started facing a weird problem from and 2nd or 3rd day. First time when I start the PC on the day the startup fails and windows complaints the last shutdown was not proper or some driver has shut the system down automatically in order to prevent data corruption....
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App