Quote: Originally Posted by Alex Quinn
I found the answer in this forum
. Here's a slightly quicker version of the instructions.
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Escape to get the task manager.
- In the Processes tab, click on explorer.exe and click End Process. You'll get a confirmation dialog. Click "End Process" to confirm.
- From the File menu (still in the task manager), choose New Task (Run...).
- Copy/paste/enter the following command in the run box:
cmd /c del %userprofile%\AppData\Local\IconCache.db /a
- Open the Run box again with File --> New Task (Run...). This time, enter this command:
- All should be okay now. Open the Start Menu and confirm that your icons are fixed now.
Sorry for the necro, but I went through 3 pages of Google searching trying to fix this.. and nobody in the thread confirmed it worked so I almost shrugged it off.
Well, it did! This is the fix, fellow google searchers. Enjoy~