Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem with boot animation!!!


27 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
Problem with boot animation!!!

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a problem with my windows 7 boot animation (sorry if this is in the wrong category)

When i boot my computer the white words 'Starting Windows' come up, and the animation plays for about a millisecond, so that a little spot appears where the animation would be, then the screen freezes and nothing moves on the screen, then my login screen loads and everything else is normal.

I would say that this is a problem with my graphics card, but the animation plays on the system resume screen when i boot my computer from hibernate!

I have had this problem ever since i installed windows 7 beta release! I have bought the full version of Windows 7 Ultimate now but the problem still persists.

If anyone has any answers please post them below, thanks in advance

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Sounds like you should try a repair install.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #3

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tylergard702 View Post
I have had this problem ever since i installed windows 7 beta release! I have bought the full version of Windows 7 Ultimate now but the problem still persists.


Tbh, I personally haven't heard of this issue, so this is merely snowballing, but it may indeed be an issue relating to your integrated video.

It almost sounds as if the video drivers aren't initialising correctly. That could possibly explain why it doesn't work from a cold boot, but it does after resuming from hibernation (as the drivers are already loaded) when resuming.

As for a fix, I couldn't really say
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Sounds like you should try a repair install.

~Lordbob
I have reinstalled my machine 3 times since I installed windows 7 for various reasons, but thanks for the idea
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tylergard702 View Post
I have had this problem ever since i installed windows 7 beta release! I have bought the full version of Windows 7 Ultimate now but the problem still persists.


Tbh, I personally haven't heard of this issue, so this is merely snowballing, but it may indeed be an issue relating to your integrated video.

It almost sounds as if the video drivers aren't initialising correctly. That could possibly explain why it doesn't work from a cold boot, but it does after resuming from hibernation (as the drivers are already loaded) when resuming.

As for a fix, I couldn't really say
Thanks smarteyeball, might getting alternative video drivers solve this problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #6

 
 

Honestly, that's hard to say. Your integrated card should be an ATI Xpress 1150, and it's not actually officially supported by AMD's legacy support in Win 7.

You could try the 10.2 Vista x64 driver to see if it makes any difference. ATI Catalystâ„¢ Legacy Display Driver

*NB that this driver isn't officially supported under Seven, so your mileage may vary. If you decide to try this driver, Create a restore point before installing just in case.


EDIT:

Some 1501 Inspiron users have reported that Catalyst 8.12 works well with Seven:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocar...Vista_c31.html

http://www.sanchitkarve.com/blog/200...-on-windows-7/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Honestly, that's hard to say. Your integrated card should be an ATI Xpress 1150, and it's not actually officially supported by AMD's legacy support in Win 7.

You could try the 10.2 Vista x64 driver to see if it makes any difference. ATI Catalystâ„¢ Legacy Display Driver

*NB that this driver isn't officially supported under Seven, so your mileage may vary. If you decide to try this driver, Create a restore point before installing just in case.


EDIT:

Some 1501 Inspiron users have reported that Catalyst 8.12 works well with Seven:

download from Guru3D.com

born2c0de’s Blog » Use ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Graphics on Windows 7
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I installed the Vista x64-bit driver but no difference , thanks anyway though
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #8

 
 

That's a pity

It was worth a shot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Does anyone have any ideas??? Any help will be appreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2011   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I had exactly the same issue after installing Ubuntu side by side windows 7 home premium x64. I reformatted the whole drive ( not just partitions ) and created a fresh ntfs partition and it solved the problem. I think the problem is old gpt data remaining in after the grub2. I have a laptop with Nvidia Optimus ( Nvidia geforce gt555m and intel HD graphics) Running newest drivers.
I found this site to be very helpful
Wiping Out Old GPT Data
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem with boot animation!!!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Problem with boot animation!!!
Thread Forum
Anyone able to make a Boot Animation of this? Customization
Windows 7 Home premium 64bit won't boot, just plays boot animation BSOD Help and Support
need help with boot animation Themes and Styles
Windows 7 Boot Animation Customization
No windows 7 boot animation General Discussion
Different boot animation. General Discussion
Boot animation freezes General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33