Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 1366x768 resolution problem..


04 Aug 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
1366x768 resolution problem..

Hey guys,

I am really sorry, I am sure somewhere in some thread you've explained this but the thing is I'm a total retard when it comes to computers

Well, I just got an HP Compaq Presario CQ62z which resolution is supposed to be 1366x768 (15.6 inches). After installing Windows 7, the only resolution options I have are 800x600 and 1024x768. It says it's a Generic PnP monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (whatever that means).
So, could you please tell me what to download, install and do afterwards so that it finally gets to look normal?

Thanks a lot for your time!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Aug 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Hey guys,

I am really sorry, I am sure somewhere in some thread you've explained this but the thing is I'm a total retard when it comes to computers

Well, I just got an HP Compaq Presario CQ62z which resolution is supposed to be 1366x768 (15.6 inches). After installing Windows 7, the only resolution options I have are 800x600 and 1024x768. It says it's a Generic PnP monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (whatever that means).
So, could you please tell me what to download, install and do afterwards so that it finally gets to look normal?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Welcome to SF!!!
Just go to Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM and download the drivers in "motherboard / integrated video drivers" - Full Catalyst Software Suite. Remember: 64bit to 64bit system; 32bit to 32bit system..
And do not be so hard on yourself, right?!

"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Aug 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Are you using Intel graphics. I know of one solution, but I think it only works with Intel graphics cards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Welcome to SF!!!
Just go to Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM and download the drivers in "motherboard / integrated video drivers" - Full Catalyst Software Suite. Remember: 64bit to 64bit system; 32bit to 32bit system..
And do not be so hard on yourself, right?!

"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"
OK, how do I know if its 32bit or 64bit

Thanks for the quick replies btw!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Welcome to SF!!!
Just go to Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM and download the drivers in "motherboard / integrated video drivers" - Full Catalyst Software Suite. Remember: 64bit to 64bit system; 32bit to 32bit system..
And do not be so hard on yourself, right?!

"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"
OK, how do I know if its 32bit or 64bit

Thanks for the quick replies btw!

Control Panel > System and Security > System
as show below.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #7

Windows 7
 
 

Turned out to be 32bit. I installed it, restarted aaand.. now what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Turned out to be 32bit. I installed it, restarted aaand.. now what?
Just click https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...dd_ccc_enu.exe and download it! Let us know when you're ready!

ps.
Do not be so hard on yourself!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #9

Windows 7
 
 

"
We're sorry, but this download request cannot be authorized. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about our services and products:
Download Drivers & Software
Latest drivers and software for ATI graphics products.
AMD.com Home
Connect to the latest information.
Customer Care
Access technical support and frequently asked questions. "


I'm not, I've just never had to do that stuff myself

Soo.. now what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Marina View Post
"
We're sorry, but this download request cannot be authorized. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about our services and products:
Download Drivers & Software
Latest drivers and software for ATI graphics products.
AMD.com Home
Connect to the latest information.
Customer Care
Access technical support and frequently asked questions. "


I'm not, I've just never had to do that stuff myself

Soo.. now what?
Return to post # 3.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 1366x768 resolution problem..




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33