1. download catalyst 9.3 for windows vista from ati.amd.com (the 40mb version with CCC).
2. run the setup, the catalist control center will be install ok but the driver will fail.
3. go to device manager and manually update the driver. direct the process to this .inf file - drive:\ATI\Support\9_3_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF\CL_76828.inf
4. select ATI RADEON 9600/X1050 Series or whatever it finds.
5. install the driver even if you get the warning.
6. after installation run CCC and you supposed to have all the options.
WARNING: as I mentioned before, at the first restart the drivers got ****ed up and I could not see anything. I had to start the computer in safe mode and go back to the original WDDM microsoft drivers, but now I have TV-OUT and CCC running.
BE CAREFUL AND DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW TO RESTORE THINGS BACK TO NORMAL IF SOMETHING WILL MESSED UP.
screenshots: http://my.jetscreenshot.com/61/20090522-ysi6-10kb.jpg http://my.jetscreenshot.com/61/20090522-cwfk-72kb.jpg