Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: More memory to graphic card

17 Oct 2010   #1
ColdIce

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
More memory to graphic card

Hello, I got a Intel GMA 4500M in my laptop, and I was wondering how I can let more memory into the card, because I have upgraded the RAM to 4gb 1066 DDR3 so I have more to share. Where can I find that option? And if you have any tips on how to speed up the card performance please let me know!

p.s. Im trying to run GTA SA smoothly but it lags :s
CanURunIt says I need a better gpu but these information confuse me! I have it all!

Video RAM 128 MB 1.7 GB 3D Yes Yes Hardware T&L Yes Yes Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0 Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.0


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Oct 2010   #2
Seven Eleven

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

it shows that available video ram is 1.7 GB. and you simply don't need more for such a weak gpu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #3
ColdIce

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Seven Eleven View Post
it shows that available video ram is 1.7 GB. and you simply don't need more for such a weak gpu.
There must be some tricks to speed it up a little bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2010   #4
Seven Eleven

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

possibly. but i'm not aware of such tricks.

though, you can look into Intel graphics control panel and maybe there are some gfx quality settings that you can turn down/off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #5
Jacobe

Windows 7 64-Bit
 
 

updating drivers helpeed me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #6
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ColdIce View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Seven Eleven View Post
it shows that available video ram is 1.7 GB. and you simply don't need more for such a weak gpu.
There must be some tricks to speed it up a little bit?
There isn't.

That GPU is too old to run newer graphics intensive games.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #7
Windows i7 920

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Lordbob75, his GPU must not be all that old if he claims to have DDR3 RAM.

Also, being that your system seems like a newer one, you may be able to upgrade your graphics card. The one you have is an integrated chip which uses your RAM. Such chips are not good for games, even the newer ones. You'd be better off with a dedicated card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #8
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
Lordbob75, his GPU must not be all that old if he claims to have DDR3 RAM.

Also, being that your system seems like a newer one, you may be able to upgrade your graphics card. The one you have is an integrated chip which uses your RAM. Such chips are not good for games, even the newer ones. You'd be better off with a dedicated card.
I am going to assume that the system in his sig is NOT this laptop.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #9
Windows i7 920

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

It was mentioned in the original post.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ColdIce View Post
Hello, I got a Intel GMA 4500M in my laptop, and I was wondering how I can let more memory into the card, because I have upgraded the RAM to 4gb 1066 DDR3 so I have more to share. Where can I find that option? And if you have any tips on how to speed up the card performance please let me know!

p.s. Im trying to run GTA SA smoothly but it lags :s
CanURunIt says I need a better gpu but these information confuse me! I have it all!

Video RAM 128 MB 1.7 GB 3D Yes Yes Hardware T&L Yes Yes Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0 Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.0
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #10
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
It was mentioned in the original post.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ColdIce View Post
Hello, I got a Intel GMA 4500M in my laptop, and I was wondering how I can let more memory into the card, because I have upgraded the RAM to 4gb 1066 DDR3 so I have more to share. Where can I find that option? And if you have any tips on how to speed up the card performance please let me know!

p.s. Im trying to run GTA SA smoothly but it lags :s
CanURunIt says I need a better gpu but these information confuse me! I have it all!

Video RAM 128 MB 1.7 GB 3D Yes Yes Hardware T&L Yes Yes Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0 Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.0
Then I am confused about the Intel GMA 4500M in the laptop.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 More memory to graphic card




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Weird graphic card memory
Hi. I just installed the driver for Ati Radeon x2300. Everything was fine but when I checked the Catalysts Control Center, and when I clicked the graphics hardware option, I see that my video memory is 895mb but when I look at the system information panel and click display, I see the card ram...
Graphic Cards
graphic card memory.
bought a new laptop wanted to know much VGA card memory has because when i go advance tab in screen resolution its say total 2298 dedicated 1024 aslo see attachment it cant understand if i want to play game and look up requirment i just wanted to is it campatible. my english is not that good...
Graphic Cards
graphic driver can't detect graphic card
Hi, i'm running window 7 32-bit OS. My graphic card is (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics) My problem is that after i went to www.amd.com, downloaded,uninstall the old catalyst and installed a new catalyst which matches my OS and yet i got this message whenever i tried to run that catalyst. "No AMD...
Drivers
Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help!
First of all: I don't know too much about computers, so use easy language please. I have sent in my computer to get repaired and got it back yestersay. Since then i've been trying to get it to work properly again. I can't play any of the games I used to play before I sent it in to get...
Graphic Cards
BSODs in Windows 7 x64. Graphic card or memory issue?
Hello, Few days before New Year i bought new "fancy" and "strong" computer. Configuration: Motherboard: GIGABYTE PP55-UD3P Processor: Intel i5-750 Graphic card: GIGABYTE ATI RADEON 5870 1GB DDR5 Memory: Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz (1333MHz is default i didnt overcloacked) Hard disk: 1TB...
BSOD Help and Support
Graphic Card Memory
I have a new card in route to me. It has 512 MB. The one I have now has 64 MB. Do I have to change any settings to get the new card to use that much memory or is the memory part of the card? Thanks,
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App