Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: TV Resolution problem


17 Oct 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
TV Resolution problem

Hello, first of all I hope you understand my English
I bought recently a 22' LED TV but the resolution is very strange.
I use the LG and Windows recommended resolution but this is not okay.
The windows are too big, Start Menu big, icons big, text's big and some colors (red and blue) are shaky. All the screen looks weird and shaky.
I free downloaded a Ubuntu version to see if this problem would happen on Ubuntu too, but not. The resolution was perfect on Ubuntu.
But on Windows, I had the same resolution and worst image quality.
I uninstalled the graphic drivers and re-installed the latest drivers but it doesn't work.
The HDMI cable is connected with the graphic card by a DVI-HDMI adaptor.

How can I have worst image quality on a HDTV than I had on a simple 17' CRT?
Any solution?

Information:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 x64

TV LED LCD 22LE3300

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2010   #2

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Hello and welcome to SevenForums ! Have you tried changing the resolution and color bit manually in Windows 7? It sounds like Windows is setting it to a low resolution and a low color setting. Also what is the setting for screen refresh rate?

Also, your English is not bad at all. Please be sure to fill in your system specs. This can help us with assisting you with future issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
Hello and welcome to SevenForums ! Have you tried changing the resolution and color bit manually in Windows 7? It sounds like Windows is setting it to a low resolution and a low color setting. Also what is the setting for screen refresh rate?

Also, your English is not bad at all.
Yes, I tried setting it manually but didn't work out.
The screen refresh rate is 60Hz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Oct 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

When you right click on the desktop and open up the Resolution menu, what does it look like?

What happens when you change the resolution?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
When you right click on the desktop and open up the Resolution menu, what does it look like?

What happens when you change the resolution?

~Lordbob
When I change the resolution the screen turns weird. Always shaky.
I hope this is the answer you're looking for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

What do you mean by shaky?
Like the screen image is physically shaking?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
What do you mean by shaky?
Like the screen image is physically shaking?

~Lordbob
Shaky must be a little strong.
Blur is the correct word. The image is not too clear.

One thing i forgot to mention, on Device Manager, says Generic PnP Monitor.
This is a TV...Generic PnP Monitor isn't wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #8

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Interesting. Maybe a bug in Nvidia's Windows x64 driver? Well, I personally have not had any such issues. However, I have had some issues with ATI's newer drivers and had to roll back a few version until they got the issues fixed. You could try browsing Nvidia's site for any issues that may be known with the card's driver. Not too sure on this, but if Nvidia has a forum you may have some luck there.

EDIT: Usually blurry on an LCD indicates that it is running outside of it's native resolution. Have you tried setting resolution to the max that the TV is rated for? This is usually the native resolution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
Interesting. Maybe a bug in Nvidia's Windows x64 driver? Well, I personally have not had any such issues. However, I have had some issues with ATI's newer drivers and had to roll back a few version until they got the issues fixed. You could try browsing Nvidia's site for any issues that may be known with the card's driver. Not too sure on this, but if Nvidia has a forum you may have some luck there.

EDIT: Usually blurry on an LCD indicates that it is running outside of it's native resolution. Have you tried setting resolution to the max that the TV is rated for? This is usually the native resolution.
Yes, I tried that and the quality isn't that bad, but it's too small. Even near the TV I can't see things very well because they're small
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
EDIT: Usually blurry on an LCD indicates that it is running outside of it's native resolution. Have you tried setting resolution to the max that the TV is rated for? This is usually the native resolution.
This.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 TV Resolution problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: TV Resolution problem
Thread Forum
Resolution problem Graphic Cards
resolution problem Installation & Setup
Another Resolution Problem Graphic Cards
Resolution Problem! Please Help! Graphic Cards
Problem with resolution Graphic Cards
Resolution problem Graphic Cards
Resolution Problem Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33