Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: super geforce 8500gt

22 Oct 2010   #1
xaviermoore

windows 7
 
 
super geforce 8500gt

i seem to have a problem with my 8500gt card with win7 as soon as it gets to the screen which says windows it starting i just get a black screen! it works fine if i go in safe mode but it wont go to the desk top in normal mode and i have no idea whats going on ive tried to install my new drivers in safe mode but it does not work and i cant do it in normal mode as it wont go to desk top.

ive treid with my onboard card and it works fine!

any clue to whats going on any help would be great as i cant play no games and cant connect my pc to my hd tv


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Oct 2010   #2
Zeplash

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

In safe mode try rollingback to the standard win driver,,if this does not work i'll say the easy way would be to clear your cmos via the onboard pin.... Let me know after you've done this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #3
Orbital Shark

 
 

Hi xavier, welcome to the forums

Have you made sure that the card is properly seated in the slot? I know it's a silly question but it wouldn't be the first time i've seen it happen today alone


OS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2010   #4
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xaviermoore View Post
i seem to have a problem with my 8500gt card with win7 as soon as it gets to the screen which says windows it starting i just get a black screen! it works fine if i go in safe mode but it wont go to the desk top in normal mode and i have no idea whats going on ive tried to install my new drivers in safe mode but it does not work and i cant do it in normal mode as it wont go to desk top.

ive treid with my onboard card and it works fine!

any clue to whats going on any help would be great as i cant play no games and cant connect my pc to my hd tv
Uninstall the Nvidia drivers then use driver sweeper to remove leftover files
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Reinstall your drivers in safe mode
NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.89 WHQL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #5
Zeplash

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Its a little jumper on your mainboard maybe you should download a manual if you don't know or have yours.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #6
xaviermoore

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xaviermoore View Post
i seem to have a problem with my 8500gt card with win7 as soon as it gets to the screen which says windows it starting i just get a black screen! it works fine if i go in safe mode but it wont go to the desk top in normal mode and i have no idea whats going on ive tried to install my new drivers in safe mode but it does not work and i cant do it in normal mode as it wont go to desk top.

ive treid with my onboard card and it works fine!

any clue to whats going on any help would be great as i cant play no games and cant connect my pc to my hd tv
Uninstall the Nvidia drivers then use driver sweeper to remove leftover files
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Reinstall your drivers in safe mode
NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.89 WHQL

CHEERS MATE!! i used driver sweeper and now it works fine lol cant beleave it only took me 5mins to sort and i have been trying to sort it for over TWO WEEKS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #7
xaviermoore

windows 7
 
 

thanx for all da info guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #8
Orbital Shark

 
 

Glad it's solved

Enjoy the rest of the forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #9
xaviermoore

windows 7
 
 

guys im lost again lol and vet confused im on my 8500gt now but its stll not working if u know what i mean i cant install new drivers! well i have but i get da black screen again so i have to use driver sweeper and it goes back to normal i tried lowering the screen res and everything do you reckon my video card is just not compatible with win7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #10
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xaviermoore View Post
guys im lost again lol and vet confused im on my 8500gt now but its stll not working if u know what i mean i cant install new drivers! well i have but i get da black screen again so i have to use driver sweeper and it goes back to normal i tried lowering the screen res and everything do you reckon my video card is just not compatible with win7?
8500GT is fully compatible with Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 super geforce 8500gt




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
GeForce 8500GT issue. Plugged in but doesn't work.
So here's the thing. A few days ago I noticed that my PC is slow unlike before. I can not run any games, I can not access NVidia Control Panel and when I check "Display" on dxdiag it does not show the device information. I went to device manager trying to disable/enable the graphic card but it told...
Graphic Cards
Installing Direct X 11 with my Asus Geforce 8500GT
hi, i would like to install Directx 11, i have a Asus geforce 8500GT graphics card. I know that this graphic card support Directx 10. My question is: will i be able to install Directx 11(i have the setup right now) with my Asus geforce 8500GT?
Software
nvidia geforce 8500gt problem
hello i have problem with my graphic card, and when i turn on computer its all fine but on logon screen it stop and sometimes there is BSOD i know that problem is in graphic card because in safe mode its all fine and i tried to unistal drivers and next time at startup its all fine and system...
BSOD Help and Support
Internet TV off of nvidia geforce 8500gt
I am looking for the best way to connect my nvidia geforce 8500gt card to a non-HDTV set in another room to transfer internet movies. I believe my card has streaming ability and the internet is running off of Comcast cable under Windows 7 32 bit. I also have the PC going to a hard wired...
Graphic Cards
nvida 8500gt geforce not compatible with vga
did a test and it shows the card saying video adapter// hardware id.nvida geforce 8500gt offical devive name//geforce 8500gt vga compatible...no.. thats why my screen keps going of any ideas. windows 7 x64 ultimate checked driver as below. driver provider..nvida
Graphic Cards
windows 7 driver geforce 8500gt TV resolution problem
I am running windows 7 32 bit version. I am using geforce 8500gt to connect my monitor and TV. I have extend the desktop through HDMI cable to my 52" sony LCD TV. I have set the resolution for my TV to 1920 x 1080 which should be fully supported by my TV. For some reason, the TV doesnt allow me to...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App