Hope I am posting in the correct forum...
I bought a cheap Toshiba laptop for my daughter, A Satellite L455 with a ATI Radeon 3100 in it. Her games will not display in a full screen. They just display in a tiny window in the center of the screen. These games displayed fine on a Vista desktop we have.
I have tried the following:
- Used compatibility mode - this had no effect
- Updated ATI drivers
- again no effect
- Hooked it up to an external monitor. This worked sometimes... other time it didn't. Also when she closes the lid sometimes that made the output to the monitor quit
- The OS is up to date with patches.
- Checked Toshiba's web site - nothing
- Checked the game's web site - nothing
- Checked the game settings - nothing for video output there
These are silly kid's games, nothing resource intensive.
I am thinking of downgrading to XP... but that would be a PITA and I am not sure that would even work.
What else can I try?