I was unable to find another thread on this exact problem, so please help me!
- Installed Windows 7
- Installed latest ATI Catalyst Driver and Restarted
- Displays black screen instead of the usual loading graphic screen displayed before log in screen
- After automatic log in only the desktop background is displayed.
- Log in sound is heard, yet no explorer or desktop icons appear
- When prompted with Ctrl Alt Delete a black screen appears and reverts when I press escape
I assume this is a graphics driver problem as when I boot in safe mode and uninstall the ATI drivers
for my graphics card, I can start and use Windows as usual yet without Aero effects.
This happened after a re-install of Windows 7, I previously had Windows 7 running on the same system without this problem.
- I have tried:
- Re-installing ATI drivers
- Re-installing Windows 7
- Installing previous version of ATI driver
Thank you very much for any help or advice. My system specs are in my profile.