Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 don't have my screen resolution, HELP!

28 Dec 2010   #1
crunksmiley

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 
Windows 7 don't have my screen resolution, HELP!

I just upgraded from Windows Xp to Windows 7 today and I'm using a 1366 by 768 Flat screen monitor...I can't change the screen resolution to 1366 by 768 because only 640 x 480 is availible...Everything is big and blurred looking...Will Windows Update supply a solution??? Or is this a serious problem.....I need Help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Dec 2010   #2
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I think you are missing the driver for your monitor. Look at the manufacturers webpage. E.g. for my monitor I have all those:


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2010   #3
crunksmiley

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

I have a acer x163w flatscreen monitor, and i went to their website and downloaded something but its just a folder with 3 files...nothing has changed..nothing happens when I click any of the 3 files...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Dec 2010   #4
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Welcome to SevenForums.
Did you have a look in windows update for a graphics card updated driver? You can find windows update in start/ all programs. You may need to go to the manufactures website and download a win 7 driver. Good luck to you with your new install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #5
crunksmiley

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

The driver seems to be up to date, and there's no graphic card update under Windows Update....The manufacter website (Acer) does not seem to have anything
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #6
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crunksmiley View Post
I have a acer x163w flatscreen monitor, and i went to their website and downloaded something but its just a folder with 3 files...nothing has changed..nothing happens when I click any of the 3 files...
Is their a .inf file in the 3 you downloaded? If so go to device manager right click on monitor>update driver>browse my computer>have disk>browse to where you downloaded the .inf file>click or double click it and see if it will install.
If your monitor is listed in device manager as PnP this is why you don't have control of it's native resolution.
Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #7
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Also what video card do you have ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #8
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crunksmiley View Post
The driver seems to be up to date, and there's no graphic card update under Windows Update....The manufacter website (Acer) does not seem to have anything
crunksmiley, What is the model number of your pc? In your system specs you have hp listed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #9
crunksmiley

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crunksmiley View Post
I have a acer x163w flatscreen monitor, and i went to their website and downloaded something but its just a folder with 3 files...nothing has changed..nothing happens when I click any of the 3 files...
Is their a .inf file in the 3 you downloaded? If so go to device manager right click on monitor>update driver>browse my computer>have disk>browse to where you downloaded the .inf file>click or double click it and see if it will install.
If your monitor is listed in device manager as PnP this is why you don't have control of it's native resolution.
Fabe
YES, My monitor is listed as Generic PnP Monitor, and I have click the three files and nothing happened...Device Manager does not recognize the files....The three files that i got from (Acer Website) are a security file, a ICC profile file, and a setup information file that opens up as a notepad file...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #10
crunksmiley

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crunksmiley View Post
The driver seems to be up to date, and there's no graphic card update under Windows Update....The manufacter website (Acer) does not seem to have anything
crunksmiley, What is the model number of your pc? In your system specs you have hp listed?
I HAVE THIS!!
-I have a HP Pavilion 533w Computer
-Acer 163W LCD Monitor
-Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
-1gb RAM
-Intel Celeron CPU 2.00GHZ 1.99GHz
-Standard VGA Graphic Adapter
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 don't have my screen resolution, HELP!




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 not recalling screen resolution
All was fine until about a week ago, Windows 7 automatically updated itself..... Now, every time I boot the computer, my monitor is no longer recognised and I get a 'generic' pnp adapter showing poor resolution. When I click on Change Resolution and then 'Detect', it immediately finds the...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7 can't detect second screen in screen resolution
Hi, i really need your help this time.. I have currently downgrade my windows 8 to windows 7 ultimate. I've noticed that windows 7 can't detect second monitor in screen resolution. there's no other options available but just one screen. you cannot duplicate, extend, etc. I already have my hdmi...
Graphic Cards
Forcing Screen Resolution Higher Than Native Resolution
Hi. I'm new here and this is my first post. I looked around a little and found one other thread with a similar question, but the question wasn't really answered. I can't find anything on the net that doesn't confuse me so bad it makes my head hurt, so I thought I'd try asking here. Thanks in...
Graphic Cards
Screen resolution different in Windows and 7MC
I am confused by the screen resolution of my W7 Media Centre PC. I'm running Win 7 Pro with a 16:9 widescreen monitor which claims to have a native resolution of 1366 x 768. I've never been able to set that in Windows or the video driver. 7MC has the monitor set to 1024 x 768 (4:3) but...
Graphic Cards
Screen resolution after updating to windows 7
Hey I just upgraded to windows 7 and my screen resolution is horrible. Also when I try to fix it the only display option I get is "Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and the reslution slider only let's me either choose 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600. I don't even know what these...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7 Screen Resolution
Hello, I am using windows 7 ultimate on dual Boot system.One is windows 7 and other is windows XP. There is one problem regarding screen resolution.Whenever i switch on my PC screen resolution doesnt come full.It is always shorter than the actual screen on my monitor.However on XP it is fine.I...
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App