Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Intel HD Graphics

31 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Intel HD Graphics

I have a laptop...What about this graphic card? i know it crap, can I upgrade it?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

No. There really isn't any way in current laptops to upgrade your graphics card. What you buy is what you get unfortunately. Although some companies have been trying to develop peripheral graphic upgrades, they have yet to really deliver a product.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I have been checking list of intensive 3d games and the test shows my graphic card will run some of them on high visual settings, huh?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Dec 2010   #4
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
There really isn't any way in current laptops to upgrade your graphics card.
And there is even less chance of that if the laptop has one of the Intel i3 or i5 CPU's in it as the "video card" is no longer integrated into the motherboard, but is integrated into the CPU itself. The way around this is to get a laptop that has both the Intel graphics and uses either an AMD or Nvidia discrete GPU (it will use the Intel for regular use, and auto-switch to the other as use/demand requires). Unfortunately looking here,

Review Lenovo Ideapad G560 Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

that isn't an option with that G560.

Quote:
I have been checking list of intensive 3d games and the test shows my graphic card will run some of them on high visual settings, huh?
Won't be any recent games,

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD - Notebookcheck.net Tech
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I didn't understand what you said here:
Quote:
And there is even less chance of that if the laptop has one of the Intel i3 or i5 CPU's in it as the "video card" is no longer integrated into the motherboard, but is integrated into the CPU itself. The way around this is to get a laptop that has both the Intel graphics and uses either an AMD or Nvidia discrete GPU (it will use the Intel for regular use, and auto-switch to the other as use/demand requires). Unfortunately looking here,

Review Lenovo Ideapad G560 Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

that isn't an option with that G560.
can you explain again?

says sims 2 and oblivion can run on high setts
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Senteaf View Post
I have been checking list of intensive 3d games and the test shows my graphic card will run some of them on high visual settings, huh?
Maybe. If the game is more CPU intensive, then you may be able to get away with it as the Core i3 is a powerful CPU but if it requires a powerful GPU, then the i3 may not make up for that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #7

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Bear in mind what the others said about compatibility issues - I have no idea if this would work for you:

MSIís first external graphic card for laptops

If I were dead set on gaming on my laptop I would check it out. Make sure you do your research first!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
Bear in mind what the others said about compatibility issues - I have no idea if this would work for you:

MSIís first external graphic card for laptops

If I were dead set on gaming on my laptop I would check it out. Make sure you do your research first!
Oh, they finally released it? Nice, I'll have to research on it as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2011   #9

Windows7
 
 

Ohhhhh. Okz nice info
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Senteaf View Post
I have been checking list of intensive 3d games and the test shows my graphic card will run some of them on high visual settings, huh?
Maybe. If the game is more CPU intensive, then you may be able to get away with it as the Core i3 is a powerful CPU but if it requires a powerful GPU, then the i3 may not make up for that.
Yeah, I thought about it too, it's a really good processor.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
Bear in mind what the others said about compatibility issues - I have no idea if this would work for you:

MSIís first external graphic card for laptops

If I were dead set on gaming on my laptop I would check it out. Make sure you do your research first!
Sounds interesting, I will research and check it over soon. It's really interesting. You can plug in a graphic card, amazing. The only problem of laptops today is the graphic card, although if you want gaming then you can buy a laptop with graphic card in the first place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Intel HD Graphics




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Intel HD Graphics
Thread Forum
Intel Corporation - Display - Intel(R) HD Graphics - UPDATE FAILURE?? Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD with install of Intel Graphics driver or install of graphics card BSOD Help and Support
Intel HD Graphics confusion Graphic Cards
Intel HD Graphics Hardware & Devices
Solved INTEL Graphics help Drivers
Intelģ Graphics Graphic Cards
dvc for intel graphics Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33