Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Nvidia Geforce 9200 Flickering When using HDMI/DVI

15 Feb 2011   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 
Nvidia Geforce 9200 Flickering When using HDMI/DVI

so bought Nvidia GsForce 9200 and two 22inch Acer X223w monitors.

when i hook one up via VGA and the other with HDMI with a DVI/HDMI adaptor on the DVI port of the screen (which worked for people who i have asked) the one screen with the hdmi flickers once and awhile.
seems when alot if going on (IMs,Movies and games)
i have replaced all the cords and adapters also reinstalled all drivers and programs for both
but it seems to keep happening
i did some researching and people said it was driver problems and others said ti was the refresh rate...i have tried to sort is all out and still happens....
anyone got any ideas?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Feb 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

What did you have before the Nvidia GsForce 9200?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anthony View Post
what did you have before the nvidia gsforce 9200?
8200 i think
not sure, it burnt out and whatnot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Feb 2011   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Did you uninstall the old drivers before attaching the new Video Card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Did you uninstall the old drivers before attaching the new Video Card?
yes, and i spent 2 hours with nivida support last night and they went over everything
then said, "sorry, we have no more ideas for you to try. consider buying a new video card" this video card is less then 2 weeks old.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I had a similar problem.

I was using a DVI to VGA adapter and I couldn't raise my resolution above 1600x1200 with out my refresh rate going to 30mhz interlaced.

Then I connected directly to DVI and my problem was solved.

Are you sure about your video card? I've never heard of a Geforce 9300 video card.

If you are running dual monitors you need a direct digital connection with no adapters, VGA supports a lower resolution for dual monitors than DVI does.

If you already have used DVI cables and it still didn't work, my suggestion is to lower your resolution because it's likely your video card can't handle 2 22 inch monitors at max resolution, which is what?

EDIT: For the high end 9 series cards like the 9800GX2, the maximum resolution is 2560x1600 with digital and 2048x1536 VGA.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2011   #7

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

You must use Driver Sweeper to remove the traces of your previous graphics card drivers: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2011   #8

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Do both your monitors show up in device manager as Acer X223W's? If not you might want to go to the Acer site and see if they have a driver for your monitors a (.inf file) and install them. It could have something to do if their showing up as PnP monitors.
Monitor drivers http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=834

Their only Vista 32 bit but you could install them in compatibility mode if your running 32bit
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html

You may also want to make sure your card is well seated, cables are firmly attached, and you have used driver sweeper to remove any remnants of the old drivers.
You could also try hooking them up with the same inputs or changing the connections to the monitor and see if the other one behaves the same way.

Also please take the time to fill in all your system specs here
Name:  usercp 1.png
Views: 10
Size:  99.3 KB

A couple programs to help with that if you don't know them.
http://majorgeeks.com/HWiNFO32_d280.html
http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html
Thanks. Fabe


My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2011   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Matt2488 View Post
I had a similar problem.

I was using a DVI to VGA adapter and I couldn't raise my resolution above 1600x1200 with out my refresh rate going to 30mhz interlaced.

Then I connected directly to DVI and my problem was solved.

Are you sure about your video card? I've never heard of a Geforce 9300 video card.

If you are running dual monitors you need a direct digital connection with no adapters, VGA supports a lower resolution for dual monitors than DVI does.

If you already have used DVI cables and it still didn't work, my suggestion is to lower your resolution because it's likely your video card can't handle 2 22 inch monitors at max resolution, which is what?

EDIT: For the high end 9 series cards like the 9800GX2, the maximum resolution is 2560x1600 with digital and 2048x1536 VGA.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
You must use Driver Sweeper to remove the traces of your previous graphics card drivers: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Do both your monitors show up in device manager as Acer X223W's? If not you might want to go to the Acer site and see if they have a driver for your monitors a (.inf file) and install them. It could have something to do if their showing up as PnP monitors.
Monitor drivers http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=834

Their only Vista 32 bit but you could install them in compatibility mode if your running 32bit
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html

You may also want to make sure your card is well seated, cables are firmly attached, and you have used driver sweeper to remove any remnants of the old drivers.
You could also try hooking them up with the same inputs or changing the connections to the monitor and see if the other one behaves the same way.

Also please take the time to fill in all your system specs here
Attachment 138806

A couple programs to help with that if you don't know them.
http://majorgeeks.com/HWiNFO32_d280.html
http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html
Thanks. Fabe

matt - sorry Geforce 9200, and i can't go any higher then 1650x1080
Dean - i have done that with customer service for Nvidia
fabe - all cords are on good and whatnot. will update specs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2011   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Matt2488 is correct. It's most likely the adapter you're using. Also, the brand is something to consider as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Nvidia Geforce 9200 Flickering When using HDMI/DVI





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33