In addition to what I posted above about these programs only working with specific chipsets or video cards here are the requirements for all three,
Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM
What are the hardware and software requirements/configuration? AMD Fusion for Gaming utility version 1.0 or later will run on:
- 32 or 64-bit Microsoft® Windows XP
- 32 or 64-bit Microsoft® Windows Vista
- Administrator account
- A system with an AMD CPU.
AMD OverDrive version 2.1.2 or later will work with:
- AMD Phenom™ processor-based system.
- AMD 7-series chipsets (excluding 740G and 780V) – 790FX, 790GX, 790X, 780G.
ATI Catalyst Control Center 8.6 or later with AMD OverDrive works with:
- ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 series graphic cards or better.
Fusion should run no problem, except that it doesn't supprto Windows 7 yet; probably why it won't work for you. Also I would be leary of this,
* THIS UTILITY MAY DISABLE SECURITY / ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, OR ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR SYSTEM. REVIEW ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING.
you would be better off learning what is running and whether you need it or not, than to let some program decide for you when you start a game (programs like this have been around for years for XP, and most are good at screwing up Windows).
As far as Overdrive the program goes I have a feeling you have the 780V chipset, and that would be why it won't run.
For Overdrive in CCC I can guess that AMD has disabled it intentionally in the drivers they put out for the mobile graphics for the reasons I said previously, laptops get hot enough to begin with and overclocking the GPU would just add to that in a big way.