That driver is for XP, which i don't have an issue with.
A few more notes, that might be interesting:
- my mainboard doesn't allow 4 GB Ram, which is why only 2.5 GB are used (and displayed)
- I have three partitions, and Windows7 is not on the primary one (since XP is)
- I get two different STOP messages, the above mentioned 8E one, and a 50 STOP.
- Dxgmms1.sys was mentioned a few times on the blue screen
- I tried the hint wioth the Windows driver setup, which happens everytime i uninstall drivers anyway. There is no way to prevent Windows 7 from installing drivers is there?
I am very disappointed by the lack of QA on ATI's side. but i guess that's China.
Than you for anyone who can help me though. THere are a lot of people out there who have trouble with this. Not only the 4650 but also 48xx series and general ATI support under Windows 7.... please help us!
Thank you and apologies for my desperation.
UPDATE: I tried several approaches and my result is: All seems fine once you use Driversweeper after uninstalling the ATI driver (and CCC) and then installing an older version of te ATI driver. Everything after 9.12 wouldn't work for me. so i DL'd the 9.12 CCC and after sweeping all my drivers and rebooting the system (then uninstalling the automatically installed Windows drivers and aborting the Windows Update check) i installed the 9.12 pack. Another reboot and all works a treat!
I am happy (for the moment). So after all, it was the usual ATI problem: the uninstall doesnt work properly.
Other half-related question: Driversweeper finds nVidia Chipset drivers... not sure i have any nvidia hardware in my system... how can i find out? Off topic... so only if you know the answer anyway... the answer is: driversweeper finds drivers for other OS's as well. so disregard.
EDIT2: My problem s not solved unfortunately. The szstem now takes a lot longer till it crashes, which is a bit of progress but after about an hour or two it still happens. no heat problems accourding to CCC overdrive info. I am slowly thinkin that i should probablz replace mz mainboard. have one here that might work. will try on the weekend.
Also.... no answers? at all? i don't awnt to bump this thread since that is bad nettiquette..