Hello. I need your advice or assistance with a specific issue.
When I play long videos on YouTube (Say over 5 minutes long.) sometimes (not always) I get an issue with the video playing at the near or the end of the video.
These are the sequence of steps of what is happening near the end or a later part of the playing video:
1. Video usually instantly freezes (as a still image) while the sound is still being played. Mouse and keyboard (sometimes) not responsive and other times I can move the mouse, but none of the buttons like closing the web browser will close. This can last 1-2 seconds. I notice at times too when I click on another system activity, for example clicking on another tab in the browser while the video is playing, this video freeze will happen instantly in a longer playing video too.
2. After the frozen still image which lasts for 1-2 seconds , the screen flashes quickly black a couple of times for a total time of 1-2 seconds.
3. After the brief black screen flashes, I get the screen clipping I have attached here (see below). The video screen is solid green, and the message from the notification area stating, "Display driver stopped responding and had recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." The mouse and keyboard are fully operational at step 3. The video will not respond. Obviously, video play cannot be resumed. I have to close the browser window and start all over again if I want to watch the video again. Now, the odds of this issue happening again while playing the same long video are 50/50.
Here is the Windows Problem Details connected with the screen clipping here:
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Extra information about the problem
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
1. This seems to happen while playing longer videos usually later in the video time period.
2. I notice *it seems* longer videos that have to stream or that download the data stream SLOWLY are more often to have this issue happen than videos that are FAST to download the data stream. For example, trying to watch a video while the data is being downloaded. You can see this when looking at the screen clipping below. However, this is not always the case. In a few instances, I can still have the long video downloaded and THEN AFTER watch it and it will happen too.
3. *Previous* to this particular instance issue here: I have removed the AMD/ATI driver and software suite and installed the latest driver only version. I used the latest version of Driver Sweeper to remove the original AMD/ATI driver and software suite.
4. To let you know since this has been happening, I had increased my RAM to 8GB. I had to make some changes to my BIOS like slight voltages increases in DRAM and the motherboard's northbridge and the memory module timings modified. This issue happens. I reset all values to their default values -- issue like here still happens too.
Any advice or suggestions? Please reply.
Some basic general stats of my system:
- Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 -- Yorkfield 2.83 GHz 1333 MHz processor.
- ASUS P5Q desktop motherboard.
- 8 GB of Corsair XMS2 4x2 GB DDR2 RAM.
- XFX Radeon HD5670 Graphics Card.