Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems

23 May 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems

Hi, built a computer from Ibuypower with an AMD Radeon HD 6770 - 1GB Graphics Card. No display driver installed to begin with as I installed Win 7 Professional 64 bit, so I installed the driver that the CD told me to with no avail. With an HDMI cable it goes through the BIOS and to the initial windows loading screen and then no input signal. Uninstalled via safe mode and installed catalyst 11.5 with nothing as well. VGA works, but I'd rather use the HDMI cable I bought for it.. Windows automatically installed Catalyst 11.2, I should problably update it, but that won't fix the HDMI problem.

Reading through various forums, the 6770 is essentially the 5770, but since you install catalyst and can't actually pick the 5770 driver I'm not sure how to go about this.

I had another computer about 10days ago with the same video card and HDMI worked fine with it (power supply blew up so i returned it and got a new comp). I had a pre-installed graphics driver on that one, any time I tried to update it failed like it is now.. but whatever driver was on it could use HDMI.

Anyone know how to fix this by chance?
Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 May 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

Did you go to AMD's website to get the driver? They usually have the latest drivers before the manuf. site does. Also, I'm sure you got a service contract from ibuypower. Maybe call them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Yeah, I'm running 11.5 from the AMD website atm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 May 2011   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

Honestly, I'm not a video card person. I could go through the scenario you already know about reseating the card, cleaning the contacts and such. But, It seems to me that if the card is working at all, those things will not help. It sounds more like a defective card to me. It just seems that if one of the ports work, they all should work, unless it is possible you have a bad cable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #5

 

Just to let you know, the 6770 is not the 6000 series version of the 5770. It goes up a 100. Like this:
5870 - 6970 | 5850 - 6950 | 5770 - 6870
And so on... As for the issue, call your brand's support and see what they say.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #6

Debian Squeeze Stable 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
Just to let you know, the 6770 is not the 6000 series version of the 5770. It goes up a 100. Like this:
5870 - 6970 | 5850 - 6950 | 5770 - 6870
And so on... As for the issue, call your brand's support and see what they say.
That isn't right, its more like a 5850 to a 6870, a 5870 to 6950/70, a 5770 - 6770.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #7

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cmd187 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
Just to let you know, the 6770 is not the 6000 series version of the 5770. It goes up a 100. Like this:
5870 - 6970 | 5850 - 6950 | 5770 - 6870
And so on... As for the issue, call your brand's support and see what they say.
That isn't right, its more like a 5850 to a 6870, a 5870 to 6950/70, a 5770 - 6770.
Performance wise, that's right. They're only a few FPS more though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #8

Debian Squeeze Stable 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cmd187 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
Just to let you know, the 6770 is not the 6000 series version of the 5770. It goes up a 100. Like this:
5870 - 6970 | 5850 - 6950 | 5770 - 6870
And so on... As for the issue, call your brand's support and see what they say.
That isn't right, its more like a 5850 to a 6870, a 5870 to 6950/70, a 5770 - 6770.
Performance wise, that's right. They're only a few FPS more though.
And its down to drivers as always which can help or murder your performance . . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Slightly off topic, but which card would replace the 5670?
I'll be upgrading this year.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #10

Debian Squeeze Stable 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by p5bdkw View Post
Slightly off topic, but which card would replace the 5670?
I'll be upgrading this year.
I'd get a GTX 570 for your setup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33