Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

25 Jun 2013   #2021
khestoi

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I am currently experiencing a problem when it comes to installing the ATI catalyst 13.1 for HD4XXX GPU. I was on 12.x and tried to update my drivers. I used their uninstall utility then restarted my PC. After that, I tried to install the 13.1 installer then i saw the installation complete message but with warnings. Upon checking the logs, there were no warning messages or what so ever. To my surprise, I did not see the ATI catalyst tool when I tried to right click in my desktop. I tried to reboot my PC but yet again there was no ATI Catalyst tool. Then I checked the program files folder and found that there are no files in the "ATI Technoligies" folder. Again, I tried to uninstall, reboot and use driver sweeper (I also tried revo uninstaller) then install the driver. Nothing changed. I got the same install complete but with warnings message. It just seems that the driver cannot be installed in my system. Anyone encountered thsi problem?

Specs:
E8400 (stock)
Gigabyte EP45-DQ6
Team Elite Dark 2GB DDR2 1066
Corsair HX620
PowerColor HD4870 PCS+


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jul 2013   #2022
shinigami8671

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Guys got a 7970Ghz edition,which driver should give the best performance?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #2023
BugMeister

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

rumour has it that AMD will issue a new WHQL driver around 31st July..
might be best to sit tight and wait for that one..


@shinigami8671
if you can't wait, and are not averse to a little experimentation,
this one works really well via my system - yours should cruise with it:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379775

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Jul 2013   #2024
shinigami8671

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
rumour has it that AMD will issue a new WHQL driver around 31st July..
might be best to sit tight and wait for that one..


@shinigami8671
if you can't wait, and are not averse to a little experimentation,
this one works really well via my system - yours should cruise with it:
AMD Catalyst 13.x (13.150.100.1) OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver - Guru3D.com Forums

ohh thank you,i was using the latest NON-Beta drivers as i haven't had good experience with beta drivers. But im downloading these and will try them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2013   #2025
ionbasa

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

AMD Catalyst

Last Updated
7/22/2013

Quote:
Article Number
RN-OpenGL4.3Beta


The AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:

AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver for Windows®
AMD Mobility Catalyst OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver for Windows
AMD Catalyst OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver for Linux
NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.


Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver:

Full support for OpenGL 4.3
Resolved Issues:

Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms - Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
Maya 2011-2013 – Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
Maya 2011-2013 – Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
Unigine Heaven – Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
Left 4 Dead 2 – Visual corruption issues have been resolved


System Requirements:

Window® 8.1 Release Preview (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit, with SP1 or higher)
Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit, with SP2 or higher)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise
OpenSUSE
Ubuntu
AMD Product Compatibility:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2013   #2026
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 10 build 10159
 
 

Thank you Ion. First post updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #2027
Manigue

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bits SP1
 
 
Should I use the OpenGL 4.3 driver?

Ref: AMD Catalyst OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

Since I use two ATI 5770 in Crossfire mode with DirectX, I would like to know what this OpenGL driver would do for me and/or should I even try to use it?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #2028
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ionbasa View Post
AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

AMD Catalyst

Last Updated
7/22/2013

Quote:
Article Number
RN-OpenGL4.3Beta


The AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:

AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver for Windows®
AMD Mobility Catalyst OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver for Windows
AMD Catalyst OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver for Linux
NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.


Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver:

Full support for OpenGL 4.3
Resolved Issues:

Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms - Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
Maya 2011-2013 – Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
Maya 2011-2013 – Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
Unigine Heaven – Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
Left 4 Dead 2 – Visual corruption issues have been resolved


System Requirements:

Window® 8.1 Release Preview (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit, with SP1 or higher)
Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit, with SP2 or higher)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise
OpenSUSE
Ubuntu
AMD Product Compatibility:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series
Thanks, interesting, I am gonna test the Unigine Heaven part out later on. It will be interesting to see any changes on my HD 7970.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #2029
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Just reporting back with my findings on my last post.
I tested my GPU on Heaven at stock speeds on the last non beta drivers first and scored 1126, I then tested again at stock speed using the new drivers and scored 1126. A nice 0% increase lol, so much for the up to 11% increase.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2013   #2030
BugMeister

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Manigue View Post
Ref: AMD Catalyst OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

Since I use two ATI 5770 in Crossfire mode with DirectX, I would like to know what this OpenGL driver would do for me and/or should I even try to use it?
- they should work with your 5770's, but remember these are BETA drivers,
- so you'll be into uncharted territory, as I said, they work OK with my 2x6870's..

if you're unsure, or worried about using them, you ought to wait until the official WHQL version is released

- they should be issued in the next few days..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7
Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver Released BETA Release Date: June 22nd 2015 Driver Version: 15.6 (14.502.1014.1004)
Graphic Cards
I need help with installing the latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver
When I install it my resolution goes to like 640x720 or something like that and I can't change it unless I rollback the driver and I need the driver to play minecraft.
Graphic Cards
BSOD after installing Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7
I have a His Radeon 4850 and it seems like every time I go to install the latest updates, I get a BSOD after restarting. Am I not installing correctly or something? is there a link to the proper procedure I usually just download and install over the old. Thanks for all assistance. :)
Graphic Cards
Crush with the latest Catalyst driver.
Hello Sapphire ‏‏HD 5870 Vapor-X OC 1GB GDDR5 DX11 - my card When I install the latest 10.10 catalyst driver and running FunMark stability check my screen goes black and pc crashes. On 10.9 this never happens but then I got scaling problem with my screen samsung xl2370. Please help!
Graphic Cards
Latest ATI Catalyst Driver for Radeon X1550 on Se7en?
Hi, i'm using a Radeon X1550 on Windows 7 build 7137. What are the latest drivers avaiable for this card? Now i'm using the Catalyst 8.1 for Vista, and I can't install the Catalyst 9.3 for Vista.
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App