Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Possible problem with GTX 560Ti


05 Nov 2011   #1
und

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
Possible problem with GTX 560Ti

I'm having problems in a recent build with an ASUS GTX 560Ti.

The computer occasionally freezes and has to be hard reset. Often this happens when watching Flash videos or playing games. I've also identified a problem with artifacting on Aero, although I'm not sure if this is the right term in this case since the artifacts seem to 'stick' to a specific location and stay there even when a window is moved around.



I've tried reinstalling the drivers and running a couple of stress tests with OCCT but that doesn't crash the computer or yield artifacts. Does anybody have a clue what it might be?

Motherboard: Gigabyte SKT-1155 PA65-UD3-B3
Processor: Intel 2500K

Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2011   #2
und

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

So, is there anyone who has an idea as to what I could try? I need to get this computer fixed ASAP because it's not mine.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #3

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Can you list the system spec's? Do you have a different video card you could try...even though it doesn't look like a video card problem from the screenshot....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Nov 2011   #4
und

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan the SoSo View Post
Can you list the system spec's? Do you have a different video card you could try...even though it doesn't look like a video card problem from the screenshot....
Motherboard: Gigabyte SKT-1155 PA65-UD3-B3
Processor: Intel 2500K
Graphics card: ASUS GTX 560Ti
Memory: Komputerbay CL9 2*4GB
HDDs: Caviar Blue 1TB SATA3, Caviar Green 1TB SATA2
Optical: Sony Blu-ray drive, LG DVD drive
Misc: TP-Link wireless PCI adapter, CM Storm Scout, Arctic Freezer 7

I do have a different video card (a 5850) so if nothing else works I'll try that, but I want to exhaust all other options first. The problem I'm having is that this is someone else's computer and it crashes when they're using it, but I haven't been able to get it to crash myself! They do a lot of video editing and gaming so I thought it was likely to be the graphics card. What else do you suspect might be causing that 'atrifacting' and freezing, if you don't think it's the GPU?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #5

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Which Nvidia driver are you using?

The newest 285.62 WHQL has been causing many people problems including me. This driver continuously "black screened" and would recover.
Windows reported the driver quit working and has recovered. Freezes are also common.

The 275.33 WHQL is the driver I am using now. It does not give me any problems.
Any drivers newer than this and they will not function properly for me.

Britton30 another forum member is using the 270.xx WHQL. The 275.33 is even a problem on his rig.

Go to this web page and look for what I posted in quotes below. > Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Click it and it will give you a list of the older drivers.
I would not bother with the Beta drivers they seem to have even more problems at this time.
Quote:

Beta, Older drivers and more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #6
und

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Which Nvidia driver are you using?

The newest 285.62 WHQL has been causing many people problems including me. This driver continuously "black screened" and would recover.
Windows reported the driver quit working and has recovered. Freezes are also common.

The 275.33 WHQL is the driver I am using now. It does not give me any problems.
Any drivers newer than this and they will not function properly for me.

Britton30 another forum member is using the 270.xx WHQL. The 275.33 is even a problem on his rig.

Go to this web page and look for what I posted in quotes below. > Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Click it and it will give you a list of the older drivers.
I would not bother with the Beta drivers they seem to have even more problems at this time.
Quote:

Beta, Older drivers and more.
Yes, all the drivers I've tried have either been 280.xx or 285.xx so I'll give your suggestion a go. Should I try 270.61 first or 275.33?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #7

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

The 275.33 has been stable for most people. So I would try it.
Hopefully that will resolve the issue.
If it continues to do the same thing at least you will know it is not a driver problem.

Britton30's system seems to be a bit overly quirky.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #8

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

What power supply are you using? A weak or failing one can cause crashes/freezing but work normally just rendering the desktop.....

But by all means try the drivers suggested first, free/cheap solutions are the best
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #9
und

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan the SoSo View Post
What power supply are you using? A weak or failing one can cause crashes/freezing but work normally just rendering the desktop.....

But by all means try the drivers suggested first, free/cheap solutions are the best
Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention the PSU! Hmm... how come it's not on the receipt???

Here it is: Cooler Master RS650-ACAAE3-UK GX-Series 650W 80 Plus Power Supply Unit

By the way I did the PSU test on OCCT (combination of PSU and GPU stress) and it didn't cause any problems. 650W is more than enough to support my components at stock clocks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #10

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

If the drivers didn't work might be time to swap in that 5850.....

Be sure the 6 pin connectors are pushed in tight......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Possible problem with GTX 560Ti




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Possible problem with GTX 560Ti
Thread Forum
Solved 560Ti doesn't perform correctly. Hardware & Devices
SLI gtx 560ti Graphic Cards
EVGA GTX 560ti SC and FurMark Graphic Cards
INNO3D GeForce GTX 570 or msi 560ti Graphic Cards
GTX 680 ($500) or 2x GTX 560ti/570 (~$400/$500) Graphic Cards
GTX 480 vs GTX 560TI Graphic Cards
EVGA intorduces the new GTX 560TI Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33