Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem


08 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7 x64 OEM Hungarian
 
 
Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem

Hy!
I'm new in this forum, and sorry for my english, i never learn, and i'm from Hungary.
My problem is the videodriver. I think. Now i have Windows7 build 7600 x64 OEM. Before this build i try all of the beta and the RC also in version x86 and x64, and all of the same. After a clean install the Windows Update is download and install a simple videodriver for my Gainward HD4830, and sad this driver have a WDDM 1.1. I never try to change somathing in my BIOS seetings, my CPU is not overclocked, and the videocard settings is always the default, never overclocked.
When i install an official and new driver from the ATi, after a day my screen have a lot of small pixels with blue green and red dots, after my screen goes black, coming back like normaly and the Catalyst Control Center said, My videodriver (atikmdag) stopped responding and restart. Sometimes the screen is not coming back, only a Blue Screen of Death, and simple restart the computer.
This is a screenshot for what happening.
Yfrog - 9n4.jpg
I write an email to the ATi support site, and nobody answer. This problem never happen if i use Windows XP Professional or Vista. I giving back my Videocard to the shop where i buy, and everybody just laughing. The card is working perfectly.
Please somebody help me.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Aug 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6
 
 

Have you tried a reinstall of the driver?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #3

Windows 7 x64 OEM Hungarian
 
 

Yes. I tried everything. Clean install of Windows, after install only the driver, the same happen. Install with Catalyst Controll Center, the same happen. Uninstall and clean all driver, reinstall older catalyst, the same.
The stupid things is, if i have only the simple driver, what is install when i do a clean Windows, everythings was fine. But a lot of new game not start. Only if i have the new driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Aug 2009   #4

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by coloradobeetle View Post
Hy!
I'm new in this forum, and sorry for my english, i never learn, and i'm from Hungary.
My problem is the videodriver. I think. Now i have Windows7 build 7600 x64 OEM. Before this build i try all of the beta and the RC also in version x86 and x64, and all of the same. After a clean install the Windows Update is download and install a simple videodriver for my Gainward HD4830, and sad this driver have a WDDM 1.1. I never try to change somathing in my BIOS seetings, my CPU is not overclocked, and the videocard settings is always the default, never overclocked.
When i install an official and new driver from the ATi, after a day my screen have a lot of small pixels with blue green and red dots, after my screen goes black, coming back like normaly and the Catalyst Control Center said, My videodriver (atikmdag) stopped responding and restart. Sometimes the screen is not coming back, only a Blue Screen of Death, and simple restart the computer.
This is a screenshot for what happening.
Yfrog - 9n4.jpg
I write an email to the ATi support site, and nobody answer. This problem never happen if i use Windows XP Professional or Vista. I giving back my Videocard to the shop where i buy, and everybody just laughing. The card is working perfectly.
Please somebody help me.
hi coloradobeetle,

Welcome,

Nice computer you have there.

You're English is not that bad.
I understand perfectly what is happening.

My first thought is the graphics card.

When it is behaving like that there can be a few reasons.

You describe that it happens after a day, so I assume that until that moment it works ok.

So we need a little more information on you computer.

It could be a heat problem.
Could you tell us how you keep your system cool?
Now many fans? How big are the fans? Are they all spinning around?
Do you use some kind of fan controller software or hardware?


It could be that the PSU (the powersource) is too weak to feed your system, but then I would expect it to happen sooner.
Could you tell us the specifics on your PSU?


It could be a malfunctioning graphicscard.

It wouldn't be the first time Ati made a batch of crappy cards.

I was told by a friend of mine who repairs hardware, that one of the Ati factories has a robotsolder machine that solders the GPU pin contacts not to well.
The pins are not fully conected, and this manifests itself first in weird pixelations, stripes, crashing drivers, and eventually no image at all.

A few years back there has been a batch of laptopmodel graphicscards sold to Acer, that all failed after less than a year.
It's unbelievable how many Acer laptops had dying graphics the last few years.


If that is the case with you card, you need to go back to the shop with it, and claim another one.


But let's not assume that.

Give use some more detail first.

Greetings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #5

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Oh I forgot to ask.

Which version of Ati driver?

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7 x64 OEM Hungarian
 
 

Hi squonksc!

The driver is Ati Catalyst 9.7
I'm not using any specific cooling system, only i have the CPU Cooler, and the graphic cooler. The GPU temperature is normally 42Celsius, if i playing a game around 2-3 hours the temperature is 47-48.
2 week ago i give it back the card to the shop where i buy, and the card is perfectly working. Dont have any problem. The shop sad, change the operation system back to XP. Because i try XP Professional x86 and x64, Vista x86 and x64 with the newest ati driver, and never happen this pixel problem.
The powersource is an unknown name LPK12-30 450W
I think about the driver, becase if i try modified driver, like Omega or DNA, this pixel problem coming only if i use Google Earth or Adobe Flash or Photoshop.
If i use original driver, it happen everytime, and not specified why.
The one modified driver what is perfect is the DNA ati 8.6B for Vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #7

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by coloradobeetle View Post
Hi squonksc!

The driver is Ati Catalyst 9.7
I'm not using any specific cooling system, only i have the CPU Cooler, and the graphic cooler. The GPU temperature is normally 42Celsius, if i playing a game around 2-3 hours the temperature is 47-48.
2 week ago i give it back the card to the shop where i buy, and the card is perfectly working. Dont have any problem. The shop sad, change the operation system back to XP. Because i try XP Professional x86 and x64, Vista x86 and x64 with the newest ati driver, and never happen this pixel problem.
The powersource is an unknown name LPK12-30 450W
I think about the driver, becase if i try modified driver, like Omega or DNA, this pixel problem coming only if i use Google Earth or Adobe Flash or Photoshop.
If i use original driver, it happen everytime, and not specified why.
The one modified driver what is perfect is the DNA ati 8.6B for Vista
Hi CB,

Thanks for the elaborate answer.

So we can rule out an overheating problem for the GPU.

could you also check the temperature of your CPU?
You can download the trial of everest to check on the temperatures.
Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

Download the one before last on that page "ultimate" it's 9.4mb


I would also recommend finding older ATI drivers, like the 9.6 or downwards.

A new driver solves problems but sometimes it introduces new ones.

If you need help finding older drivers, let me know.

Greetz and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #8

Windows 7 x64 OEM Hungarian
 
 

The CPU core temp is 44Celsius, and now i try an older catalyst.
This : Ati Catalyst 9.1 Vista x64
Before i try all of the older (9.6, 9.5, etc), and cant remember the 9.1.
I wait now a few days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #9

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by coloradobeetle View Post
The CPU core temp is 44Celsius, and now i try an older catalyst.
This : Ati Catalyst 9.1 Vista x64
Before i try all of the older (9.6, 9.5, etc), and cant remember the 9.1.
I wait now a few days.
Make sure you make a restore point before installing Vista drivers.

Better yet, a complete backup of the system disk.

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #10

Windows 7 x64 OEM Hungarian
 
 

No luck, only 5 minutes and the pixels are coming back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem
Thread Forum
Opinions on gainward gpu's Graphic Cards
Gainward Geforce GTX 460 1GB golden sample Graphic Cards
ASUS 24" LED display + MSI HD4830 + ATI driver v10.8 = not full screen Graphic Cards
Gainward HD 4870 X2 on w7 Graphic Cards
Win 7 refuses Gainward 4850 GS (1024 MB) Graphic Cards
HD4830 Graphic Card Problem ?? Graphic Cards
HD4830 versus N9800GT Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33