|17 Dec 2011||#1|
White screen of death
So my friend has a computer with vista and was running alright until one day it started up with a completely white screen from boot and that is all it shows now. It's a Toshiba and has a horrible copy of Spysweeper AV that is perpetually hung. Virus? possible. How can I save it?
|My System Specs|
|18 Dec 2011||#4|
try the following:
1. Shut down and turn off the computer.
2. Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
4. (If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall.
5. Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware.
6. If it now starts, do steps 7-9. Otherwise, report back.
7. Go into your BIOS and load default settings to clear the CMOS memory.
8. Save Settings and exit the BIOS.
9. Run 1-5 again to reset software connections between newly reset BIOS and hardware.
The above has been known to fix issues similar to the one you are describing. Good luck!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: White screen of death|
|White screen of death||BSOD Help and Support|
|Blue, white, green, etc screens of death, crashing...||BSOD Help and Support|
|White screen of death!||Browsers & Mail|
|White House shoots down petition to build Death Star||Chillout Room|
|white screen of death||BSOD Help and Support|
|Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death||BSOD Help and Support|
|NSOD (No Screen Of Death) - just death||BSOD Help and Support|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.