Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Freezing while playing games, Sapphire HD 2600 Pro


18 Dec 2011   #11
AlexRussel

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Uhm, this is my old PC, I got 2 PC's, the computer is kinda old:
I installed Windows 7 on it because I had some problems with XP, was unable to find the right driver for the video card.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x32
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133), Prescott
Motherboard: Foxconn 661MX Pro
Memory: 2x512 MB Geil & Kingston
Graphics Card(s): Sapphire HD 2600 PRO AGP, 512 MB, 128 Bit.
Sound Card: Realtek C655 @ SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI (onboard)
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
Hard Drives: HDS728080PLAT20 ATA Device (Hitachi)
PSU: Green Power (never heard of this manuf name) it says it's 420W but I don't believe.

EDIT: I've ran Aida64 and went to Overclock tab, and I've seen that my GPU is overclocked O.O
Code:
Graphics Processor Properties	
Video Adapter	ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (RV630)
GPU Code Name	RV630  (AGP 8x 1002 / 9587, Rev 00)
GPU Clock	594 MHz  (original: 600 MHz)
Memory Clock	495 MHz  (original: 400 MHz, overclock: 24%)



My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRussel View Post
Uhm, this is my old PC, I got 2 PC's, the computer is kinda old:
I installed Windows 7 on it because I had some problems with XP, was unable to find the right driver for the video card.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x32
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133), Prescott
Motherboard: Foxconn 661MX Pro
Memory: 2x512 MB Geil & Kingston
Graphics Card(s): Sapphire HD 2600 PRO AGP, 512 MB, 128 Bit.
Sound Card: Realtek C655 @ SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI (onboard)
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
Hard Drives: HDS728080PLAT20 ATA Device (Hitachi)
PSU: Green Power (never heard of this manuf name) it says it's 420W but I don't believe.

EDIT: I've ran Aida64 and went to Overclock tab, and I've seen that my GPU is overclocked O.O
Code:
Graphics Processor Properties    
Video Adapter    ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (RV630)
GPU Code Name    RV630  (AGP 8x 1002 / 9587, Rev 00)
GPU Clock    594 MHz  (original: 600 MHz)
Memory Clock    495 MHz  (original: 400 MHz, overclock: 24%)


I never overclocked any hardware on this computer. Hum!!!!!!

Plus no WATTAGE'S anywhere. Voltages yes, temps, yes, watts, no.!!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #13
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote:
Quote:
* If overclocking STOP.
Restore to original.
I never overclocked any hardware on this computer.
Alex you do yourself & us a disfavour by saying categorically the above yet quite clearly you are ...

Quote:

EDIT: I've ran Aida64 and went to Overclock tab, and I've seen that my GPU is overclocked O.O
Code:
Graphics Processor Properties Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (RV630) GPU Code Name RV630 (AGP 8x 1002 / 9587, Rev 00) GPU Clock 594 MHz (original: 600 MHz) Memory Clock 495 MHz (original: 400 MHz, overclock: 24%)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #14
AlexRussel

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote:
Quote:
* If overclocking STOP.
Restore to original.
I never overclocked any hardware on this computer.
Alex you do yourself & us a disfavour by saying categorically the above yet quite clearly you are ...

Quote:

EDIT: I've ran Aida64 and went to Overclock tab, and I've seen that my GPU is overclocked O.O
Code:
Graphics Processor Properties Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (RV630) GPU Code Name RV630 (AGP 8x 1002 / 9587, Rev 00) GPU Clock 594 MHz (original: 600 MHz) Memory Clock 495 MHz (original: 400 MHz, overclock: 24%)
Believe me, this is a fresh install of OS, I just installed the 11.12 ATI driver, I haven't overclocked it.
With CCC it says that it's not overclocked...

CCC:
-untitled.png

With Aida64 it says it's overclocked 24%:
-untitled2.png

With GPU-Z, still says it's overclocked:
Name:  gfgf.gif
Views: 16
Size:  55.2 KB

If I'll install a older version of ati driver, I will be able to lower the clock?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #15
AlexRussel

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

I've noticed another thing, when I run System Rating, at "Direct3D 9 Texture Load Assessment" the computer freezes, so I can't get the rating done.
What Direct3D 9 is?; is it DirectX9?; Getting no sufficient power to run this feature (same with games that use this feature)?
Small games are working fine, like Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Big Fish Games, FIFA 09, Extrmeme Trucker...but when it comes to run MW2, the shit freezes, I think because the game uses this feature and because it doesn't get enough power it freezes.
Could be a faulty graphic card...I don't think so, because like a said some games works, never froze while surfing the internet, never seen artifacts & pixelations.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #16
mgp1964

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Your power P/S voltages are weak but never take what the BIOs says to be true, use a voltmeter to get true and accurate readings.
How old is this MB?
First thing you want to do is check the MB, look for any bulging or leaking capacitors on the MB, most times the capacitors around the CPU, memory slots and the AGP slot are the ones to leak or bulge.
Link to some pics of leaking caps: Capacitor plague - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #17
AlexRussel

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mgp1964 View Post
Your power P/S voltages are weak but never take what the BIOs says to be true, use a voltmeter to get true and accurate readings.
How old is this MB?
First thing you want to do is check the MB, look for any bulging or leaking capacitors on the MB, most times the capacitors around the CPU, memory slots and the AGP slot are the ones to leak or bulge.
Link to some pics of leaking caps: Capacitor plague - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've taken a look on the MB, it has no leaking capacitors.
The MB it's from 2004, I think, old shit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Freezing while playing games, Sapphire HD 2600 Pro




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Freezing while playing games, Sapphire HD 2600 Pro
Thread Forum
My computer is freezing randomly. But only when I'm playing games. Performance & Maintenance
Freezing while playing some games. Gaming
Random freezing when playing video games. Gaming
Freezing while playing games. BSOD Help and Support
Freezing when playing games BSOD Help and Support
freezing when playing games. Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App