Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem With Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor In Windows 7 Ultimate

29 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
 
 
Problem With Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor In Windows 7 Ultimate

Hello Friends,

I am new in this forum and this is my first post.

Actually i am facing problem in my pc due to Graphic driver.

I have upgraded my system from Xp to Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

Unfortunately My Screensaver and Games not working due to some error showing " The screen saver cant run because it requires a newer video card or Thats compatible with Direct 3d".

The same error in showing in games too.....

Some one told me that i have not installed exact graphic driver in my system when i checked Under the Display Adaptor in device manager i found that " Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor" is installed .

As i used "Driver checker" to upgrade my drivers but when i scan with driver checker it also shows that all the drivers are updated.

I tried to uninstall the Standard VGA graphics adaptor so that i can install a new or actual required driver for my pc but i am unable to uninstall. Whenever i tried to uninstall my system reboots and standard vga driver installs again automatically.

So please help me out i want to uninstall this Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor and install a Actual driver for graphics which can perfectly work with my system.

Here i am attaching the details of my pc please check and suggest which driver will work on my system for graphic and how can i completely uninstall this Standard Graphic Adaptor.

Thanks and looking forward for the best solution from you all.



Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (26.0 KB, 199 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, & Mac OS X 10.9.2
 
 

Your integrated graphics card is an intel 865G so head to intels driver and download section and find it there. Or go onto LG's website and download the drivers for your model pc.

HOWEVER! You have an old computer with old components, that may no longer be supported with modern versions of windows, so you might not be able to find one from windows 7, a vista version may work, but its not actually a supported version, so any issue that arise won't be curable.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by badger906 View Post
Your integrated graphics card is an intel 865G so head to intels driver and download section and find it there. Or go onto LG's website and download the drivers for your model pc.

HOWEVER! You have an old computer with old components, that may no longer be supported with modern versions of windows, so you might not be able to find one from windows 7, a vista version may work, but its not actually a supported version, so any issue that arise won't be curable.

Thanks for you quick response

Well i tried to do the same on intel and LG websites but all in vain.
There are nothing much there for windows 7.

Thats why now i am here to seeking the solutions between uniques .

Any way thanks for your kind reply can you tell me how to completely uninstall the Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor cause every time after reboot the uninstallation of this driver it gets automatically installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Dec 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, & Mac OS X 10.9.2
 
 

Well if you uninstal the drive you'll be stuck with the standard windows one, which will give you a screen resolution of 800x600. Around £30 or $30 (depending were you live) will get you a basic graphics card, which will support the latest drivers and require little power consumption, so a new powers supply won't be needed.

If you still want to remove the drivers, download driversweep. And install, then boot into safe mode and uninstal the standard VGA driver. I wouldn't recommend it though.
If there's a vista driver available its worth a shot.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

The story from Intel:

Graphics — Older Intel® graphics controllers and Microsoft Windows 7* operating system

If you can get the XP drivers to install, that'd be your best result without adding a new graphics card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

I personally would suggest removing Windows 7 and go back to Windows XP for this old PC. Use Windows 7 on a newer machine. Anyway an 865G can at best only do DirectX 8 level games anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by badger906 View Post
Well if you uninstal the drive you'll be stuck with the standard windows one, which will give you a screen resolution of 800x600. Around £30 or $30 (depending were you live) will get you a basic graphics card, which will support the latest drivers and require little power consumption, so a new powers supply won't be needed.

If you still want to remove the drivers, download driversweep. And install, then boot into safe mode and uninstal the standard VGA driver. I wouldn't recommend it though.
If there's a vista driver available its worth a shot.

Thanks badger906
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
The story from Intel:

Graphics — Older Intel® graphics controllers and Microsoft Windows 7* operating system

If you can get the XP drivers to install, that'd be your best result without adding a new graphics card.
But this Xp drivers not working more with Windows 7 .
Thanks for you reply bobkn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pjhutch View Post
I personally would suggest removing Windows 7 and go back to Windows XP for this old PC. Use Windows 7 on a newer machine. Anyway an 865G can at best only do DirectX 8 level games anyway.
i am also planning to do this now thanks for your kind suggestion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2011   #10

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GURJEET4EVRY1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
The story from Intel:

Graphics — Older Intel® graphics controllers and Microsoft Windows 7* operating system

If you can get the XP drivers to install, that'd be your best result without adding a new graphics card.
But this Xp drivers not working more with Windows 7 .
Thanks for you reply bobkn
Your other option would be to install an inexpensive graphics card that supports Aero Glass. With an 865 chipset, it looks like you'd need an AGP card (if your motherboard has a discrete AGP slot) or PCI. (PCI-E is commonest, but completely incompatible.)

Reverting to XP may be the wisest course, though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem With Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor In Windows 7 Ultimate




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33