Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which card is a better choice? GTX 560 Ti or Radeon HD 6870

25 Jan 2012   #11
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
the 6870 its cheaper and out performs the 560 in a couple only the ti version is a little better but cost alot more and the 6870 is around $ 175 and the ti is $230 in usd.They bench almost the same though so go for the 6870
I agree but the 6870 costs £10 less and is a little slower than the 560ti. The usd and gbp are very different so the cards are very similar in price and performance. If I couldn't afford the 560ti the 6870 would be fine but I can afford the 560ti so I am heading for that card.

Thanks anyway.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jan 2012   #12
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by champ2010 View Post
Quote:
It is the GTX 560 ti that is similar to the 6870 the 560 standard is slower than the 6870.

For the record the GTX 560 ti is slightly faster than the 6870
Acc. to the link which I saw the GTX 560 and HD 6870 have same bench marking results. I may be wrong but I used the this as a source.

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards
The WinFast GTX 560 is slightly ahead anyway but am talking about the GeForce GTX 560 Ti which is 70 ahead of the 560.


Videocard PassMark G3D Score
GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 2,979
WinFast GTX 560 - 2,909
Radeon HD 6870 - 2,820

The gap is very minor I know but still the £10-£15 difference I may as well go for the Nvidia.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #13
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

The 560 Ti winds hands down. Just forget all the benchmarks and look at the specs. The 560 Ti is of course better than the 560. It's only slightly better than the 6870 but considering their around the same price, go for the 560 Ti.

The only real problem is what brand of the 560 Ti to buy. The Novatech looks fine if and only if you're willing to risk going with a nearly unheard of brand. The only thing I would suggest if you go with the Novatech is to post back what it's like so future buyers can get an idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jan 2012   #14
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post

The WinFast GTX 560 is slightly ahead anyway but am talking about the GeForce GTX 560 Ti which is 70 ahead of the 560.


Videocard PassMark G3D Score
GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 2,979
WinFast GTX 560 - 2,909
Radeon HD 6870 - 2,820

The gap is very minor I know but still the £10-£15 difference I may as well go for the Nvidia.
yeah dont look at benchmarks too much look at the actual specs. if all your looking at is benchmarks, your never getting anything done. as far as brand id recommend msi, since they have some cards with dual fans and offer superior cooling. if budget allows of course.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #15
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
The 560 Ti winds hands down. Just forget all the benchmarks and look at the specs. The 560 Ti is of course better than the 560. It's only slightly better than the 6870 but considering their around the same price, go for the 560 Ti.

The only real problem is what brand of the 560 Ti to buy. The Novatech looks fine if and only if you're willing to risk going with a nearly unheard of brand. The only thing I would suggest if you go with the Novatech is to post back what it's like so future buyers can get an idea.
Please re-read my 3rd post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #16
Nightreaper

Win 7 64bit Desktop/Win 7 32bit Laptop
 
 

Hi guys,

I think you'll find novatech bought bulk unbranded cards, they are a tech supplier store just like any other here in the UK.

I purchased a Novatech gtx280 from them, turned out to be a POV brand.
Unfortunately it went pop, they were excellent sorting RMA out and sent me a gtx285 as replacement, the replacement turned out to be Palit brand.

Also they are not the only tech store over here that do that, as long as you get a warranty you are happy with then the deals OK .

The novatech GTX560ti card specs and design pretty much match the Inno3D version of the same card.

Nightreaper.

Ps: I still have the Palit brand card and yes it still works .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #17
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

In that case, the Novatech card should be fine. As long as the warranty and service are good, there's nothing to lose in buying the card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2012   #18
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
the 6870 its cheaper and out performs the 560 in a couple only the ti version is a little better but cost alot more and the 6870 is around $ 175 and the ti is $230 in usd.They bench almost the same though so go for the 6870
I agree but the 6870 costs £10 less and is a little slower than the 560ti. The usd and gbp are very different so the cards are very similar in price and performance. If I couldn't afford the 560ti the 6870 would be fine but I can afford the 560ti so I am heading for that card.

Thanks anyway.
np go with what ever you want and suits your needs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2012   #19
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Thank you for all the suggestions on the cards, they are practically the same spec and quality but I decided the ASUS GTX 560ti would do me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2012   #20
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Do you mean this one that I posted earlier? It's a much better card than the Novatech and best of all, it's dead quiet. Just remember that it's a very bulky card and you'll find it difficult if not impossible to SLI. I would definitely recommend going the extra £3 MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II/OC if you want a slightly fast and cooler card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Which card is a better choice? GTX 560 Ti or Radeon HD 6870




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
XFX Ati Radeon HD 6870 malfunctioning?
Hello guys:) Firstly i want to say that i registrated here because i dont know what to do anymore. I know how to fix most computer problems, but i am about to give up with this one. Secondly, im no native english speaker, so excuse me for typos or bad grammar ;). so lets get to the problem. I...
Graphic Cards
Looking for fix to ATI drivers that cause BSOD with radeon 6870
Owner of a xfx radeon 6870 since June 2011, no problems what so ever till 2 days ago. Booted into windows normally and noticed my daul screens were displaying funny, rebooted the computer and got a BSOD. Noticed BSOD message said something about a time out failure with my display driver. Booted...
Graphic Cards
Most Powerful Video Card for 150$ - Radeon 6870
( ( Updated After Suggestions ) ) I have 150$ to spend on a Video Card and 130-150 to spend on a CPU for a Gaming Rig. I want the highest Gaming Framerate I can get on games like Battlefield, Skyrim, GTA IV PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards PassMark Intel...
Graphic Cards
AMD Radeon 6670 vs 6870
Good morning everyone. I have an interesting concern. On another message board, I asked which would be a great card for the Sims 3 that isn't two expensive, but would allow me to max out the settings. Someone told me the 6670 would be an excellent card. Boy were they wrong! The camera continued...
Graphic Cards
Radeon HD 6870 Driver Problems
I'm not sure if there is a driver problem but I am pretty sure it that it is since i put my CPU and power supply under a stress test to see if they were faulty but they both past. Same with my ram. So, I just recently built a new computer and after a day or two I have been having problems with...
Drivers
Debating on upgrading to Radeon HD 6870
Specifically, I'm looking at buying this. Currently I have a PowerColor Radeon HD 4890. Would I notice any significant performance increase by buying this?
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App