Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Could my pc sli a Palit GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC Sonic 1GB?.

02 Feb 2012   #1

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 
Could my pc sli a Palit GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC Sonic 1GB?.

Could my pc sli a Palit GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC Sonic 1GB?.

Info on my PSU - CIT Colors-IT 750w BLACK 12CM Silent.

http://www.aone.co.uk/ProdInfo.ASP?ProductID=2203

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Feb 2012   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

I don't see why not, so long as your PSU can supply enough juice (and at 750W, it should).

See the motherboard manual, Chapter 5 section 5.2 NVidia SLI Technology, for details on how to set it up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #3

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
I don't see why not, so long as your PSU can supply enough juice (and at 750W, it should).

See the motherboard manual, Chapter 5 section 5.2 NVidia SLI Technology, for details on how to set it up.
My PSU has only got one 6-pin cable, would using a molex to 6-pin adapter cable work?, i read that the dedicated 6-pin PCIe cable take the load away from the molex cables, which are designed to power drives etc, personally i think that is the not the case. Would the molex cable with the connected molex to 6-pin adapter use the same power as the single 6-pin cable?.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Feb 2012   #4

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Using a Molex-to-PCI-E adapter is probably OK.

If you can connect to Molex connectors on different cables, that may be best.

Getting a better PSU would be nice. The one that you list is rated at 20A on each of its two +12V rails, which isn't outstanding for a "750W" supply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #5

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Using a Molex-to-PCI-E adapter is probably OK.

If you can connect to Molex connectors on different cables, that may be best.

Getting a better PSU would be nice. The one that you list is rated at 20A on each of its two +12V rails, which isn't outstanding for a "750W" supply.
I wonder how much power two Palit GTX 550 Ti's would draw from my 750watt PSU. What do you reckon?.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #6

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #7

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YTBOY83 View Post
I wonder how much power two Palit GTX 550 Ti's would draw from my 750watt PSU. What do you reckon?.
According to this:

The Truth About Graphics Power Requirements V2 - Atomic 3.0

a single 550ti maxes out at 152W. A pair would be over 300W, or 25A at +12V.

Of the PSUs that you list, I like this one the best:

Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2UK Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 High Performance 850W Power Supply: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I would have suggested the 750W unit, but the price difference is small enough that I recommend the 850.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #8

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YTBOY83 View Post
I wonder how much power two Palit GTX 550 Ti's would draw from my 750watt PSU. What do you reckon?.
According to this:

The Truth About Graphics Power Requirements V2 - Atomic 3.0

a single 550ti maxes out at 152W. A pair would be over 300W, or 25A at +12V.

Of the PSUs that you list, I like this one the best:

Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2UK Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 High Performance 850W Power Supply: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I would have suggested the 750W unit, but the price difference is small enough that I recommend the 850.
Do you think that my PSU would handle it then?.

Here is information on The Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2UK Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 High Performance 850W Power Supply. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139020


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Could my pc sli a Palit GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC Sonic 1GB?.





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Could my pc sli a Palit GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC Sonic 1GB?.
Thread Forum
[HELP] Palit GTS 450 in SLI Graphic Cards
Solved palit geforce 560 gtx high pitch noise help Graphic Cards
Palit GeForce GTX 560 and msi afterburner help Graphic Cards
Palit GeForce GTX 560 Sonic Platinum help Graphic Cards
Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card Graphic Cards
Palit GeForce® GTX 460 Sonic Platinum (1024MB GDDR5) Graphic Cards
Sonic R help Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33