Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Good graphics card for gaming, high fps (MineCraft)


14 Feb 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium/x64(64)-bit
 
 
Good graphics card for gaming, high fps (MineCraft)

I'm looking to buy a good graphics card and I'm looking to spend around $150 on it, heard raedons are good too.

also the possible constant fps it can receive because the constant fps on my crappy one I have right now goes 10-20 fps constant. It's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS255D Laptop

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Feb 2012   #2

 
 

We're going to need a little bit info on your specs mate.

At least your CPU.

If it's a pre-built machine, even the name and model.

As for the PSU, follow the wires things are attached to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium/x64(64)-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
We're going to need a little bit info on your specs mate.

At least your CPU.

If it's a pre-built machine, even the name and model.

As for the PSU, follow the wires things are attached to.
k thanks im looking
-
says 19.5V DC on the info and the model on the back is SONY - PCG-7153L

the VAIO Model is VGN-NS255D on the front
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Feb 2012   #4

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Se7enMakers View Post
I'm looking to buy a good graphics card and I'm looking to spend around $150 on it, heard raedons are good too.

also the possible constant fps it can receive because the constant fps on my crappy one I have right now goes 10-20 fps constant. It's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS255D Laptop
you can't upgrade video card on laptops would need another laptop with a better video card or buy a desktop and then you can add a video card to that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium/x64(64)-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Se7enMakers View Post
I'm looking to buy a good graphics card and I'm looking to spend around $150 on it, heard raedons are good too.

also the possible constant fps it can receive because the constant fps on my crappy one I have right now goes 10-20 fps constant. It's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS255D Laptop
you can't upgrade video card on laptops would need another laptop with a better video card or buy a desktop and then you can add a video card to that
oh why did I buy a laptop,
and I just upgraded the hard drive...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium/x64(64)-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Se7enMakers View Post
I'm looking to buy a good graphics card and I'm looking to spend around $150 on it, heard raedons are good too.

also the possible constant fps it can receive because the constant fps on my crappy one I have right now goes 10-20 fps constant. It's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS255D Laptop
you can't upgrade video card on laptops would need another laptop with a better video card or buy a desktop and then you can add a video card to that
there are videos online of howto install a graphics card on a laptop, does this really work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

not sure never tried it before
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2012   #8

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Se7enMakers View Post

there are videos online of howto install a graphics card on a laptop, does this really work
There are some laptops that will allow GPU upgrades, but they are in the minority.

However your laptop is in the majority and your GPU isn't upgradeable since it's integrated into the mainboard.

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64 Bit
 
 

Hi Se7enMakers,

I play Minecraft a lot myself

I suggest you try out the OptiFine Mod, it will boost your FPS dramatically if you disable all the graphics and resolutions etc. For example I get around 70 FPS without this Mod, and 1200 FPS with this Mod (but with Tiny View, if I have Far View it goes to 250FPS which is still good) - But I do have a decent PC though LOL...

Name:  Example.png
Views: 11
Size:  1.9 KB

How To Install Mod Loader For Minecraft 1.1 - YouTube
Minecraft - How to Install and Use Optifine 1.1! - YouTube


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
 
 

You're better off building yourself a nice desktop, i did and i couldnt be happier, just added a solid state drive to my rig and she runs exceptional

running a single GTX 560 which is more than enough for todays standards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Good graphics card for gaming, high fps (MineCraft)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Good graphics card for gaming, high fps (MineCraft)
Thread Forum
Good Dual Graphics cards or gaming Gaming
Is a GTX 550 ti a good gaming card. Graphic Cards
A good graphic card for minecraft and gaming Graphic Cards
play high graphics games without graphics card Gaming
What do I look for in a good gaming pc/graphics card? Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33