Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 1280x1024 32 bit with Standard VGA Driver?


24 Aug 2009   #1

Dual boot - Ubutu 9.04, Windows 7
 
 
1280x1024 32 bit with Standard VGA Driver?

Hi guys,

Is there any way to force the Standard VGA Driver to display in 1280x1024 32bit? If I look at the modes available, then I find 1280x1024, but only in 16bit.

I have an old Nvidia GeForce2 MX/400, and after installing the XP drivers I was able to run at 1280x1024 in 32bit, but I was getting some crashes in nv4_mini.sys when trying to install DVDFab. "The Internet" tells me that this is due to the XP drivers, so I uninstalled them again and rolled back to the Standard VGA Driver and was able to install the software. But now I am limited to 16bit again.

So, is there any way to force this?

Regards,
Brett.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Aug 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brettw10 View Post
Hi guys,

Is there any way to force the Standard VGA Driver to display in 1280x1024 32bit? If I look at the modes available, then I find 1280x1024, but only in 16bit.

I have an old Nvidia GeForce2 MX/400, and after installing the XP drivers I was able to run at 1280x1024 in 32bit, but I was getting some crashes in nv4_mini.sys when trying to install DVDFab. "The Internet" tells me that this is due to the XP drivers, so I uninstalled them again and rolled back to the Standard VGA Driver and was able to install the software. But now I am limited to 16bit again.

So, is there any way to force this?

Regards,
Brett.
Hey Brett

You should be able to run in 32bit in win 7 if you did in xp. You cant force an xp driver to work in win 7 reliably but there should be a vista driver for your vid card and that can be installed in compatibility mode which would let you run 32 bit

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #3

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hey Brett

You should be able to run in 32bit in win 7 if you did in xp. You cant force an xp driver to work in win 7 reliably but there should be a vista driver for your vid card and that can be installed in compatibility mode which would let you run 32 bit

Ken
I think that there isn't any Vista driver for MX400...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Aug 2009   #4

Dual boot - Ubutu 9.04, Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hey Brett

You should be able to run in 32bit in win 7 if you did in xp. You cant force an xp driver to work in win 7 reliably but there should be a vista driver for your vid card and that can be installed in compatibility mode which would let you run 32 bit

Ken
Exactly - I should be able to install and use them, and it worked more or less for ages. But when I was installing DVDFab windows crashed due to the XP drivers. Replacing the drivers with the standard VGA driver caused the crash to disappear, but now I can only display 16bit, thanks to the standard VGA driver and its supported modes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #5

Dual boot - Ubutu 9.04, Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sassa View Post
I think that there isn't any Vista driver for MX400...
You're right - there aren't any that I have been able to find so far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 1280x1024 32 bit with Standard VGA Driver?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: 1280x1024 32 bit with Standard VGA Driver?
Thread Forum
Solved Vodafone Standard Dongle Driver Issues Hardware & Devices
Cannot change from standard VGA driver on Windows 7 Drivers
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter driver Drivers
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter won't let me go to 1280x1024 resolution Graphic Cards
Compatibility, VGA Standard Generic Non-PnP Driver. Graphic Cards
1280x1024 wallpapers Virtualization
No 1280x1024?? Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33